Legit Reviews Workshop @ Quakecon 2005

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Legit Reviews Workshop @ Quakecon 2005

Post by Apoptosis »

Game more. Carry less. Build your own laptop for gaming presented by Nathan Kirsch from Legitreviews.com hosted by Intel Corporation.
Nathan Kirsch from Legitreviews.com will talk about today’s mobile technology and how you can lighten the load at LAN parties. Learn how you can build and optimize a mobile gaming system with ample performance to play the latest games. Also, get a sneak peak at exciting future laptop capabilities and Intel’s next generation mobile platform. We will have lots of great prizes and one lucky participant will walk away with a laptop. Seating is limited so come early
Workshop Times:

4:30~5:30P Fri 8/12
3:30~4:30P Sat 8/13

I will have a Yonah platform at the workshop and will be running it during the class. We will be covering how to build the ASUS Z71V and one person at each class will walk away with an ASUS Z71V notebook loaded with the latest in technology. I also have over 50 modules of Kingston DDR2 SO-DIMM memory, numerous Pentium M processors, and some Intel Pro LAN wireless cards to give away. It should be a good class and some gamers are going to walk away with some kick ass swag.

I would love to meet any of our forum readers who are going to Quakecon! Come to the workshop and hang out with the staff! Justin, Yves, and myself (Nathan) will all be making the trip to Quakecon and will be on hand from Aug 10th to Aug 14th!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I was going to go, but my step son has to work this weekend so there goes my driving partner............. :cry:
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

QuakeCon ..... :)

Alister
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

I sure wish I could go...but I can't! Life sucks that way.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

InFuZiOn is going to be at Quakecon hanging out with us too by the way :)
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Legit Reviews Workshop @ Quakecon 2005

Post by kenc51 »

Apoptosis wrote:Game more. Carry less. Build your own laptop for gaming presented by Nathan Kirsch from Legitreviews.com hosted by Intel Corporation.
Nathan Kirsch from Legitreviews.com will talk about today’s mobile technology and how you can lighten the load at LAN parties. Learn how you can build and optimize a mobile gaming system with ample performance to play the latest games. Also, get a sneak peak at exciting future laptop capabilities and Intel’s next generation mobile platform. We will have lots of great prizes and one lucky participant will walk away with a laptop. Seating is limited so come early
Workshop Times:

4:30~5:30P Fri 8/12
3:30~4:30P Sat 8/13

I will have a Yonah platform at the workshop and will be running it during the class. We will be covering how to build the ASUS Z71V and one person at each class will walk away with an ASUS Z71V notebook loaded with the latest in technology. I also have over 50 modules of Kingston DDR2 SO-DIMM memory, numerous Pentium M processors, and some Intel Pro LAN wireless cards to give away. It should be a good class and some gamers are going to walk away with some kick ass swag.

I would love to meet any of our forum readers who are going to Quakecon! Come to the workshop and hang out with the staff! Justin, Yves, and myself (Nathan) will all be making the trip to Quakecon and will be on hand from Aug 10th to Aug 14th!
I suggest you give out some free T-shirts and other LR promo stuff?
Imagine looking over Quakecon and seeing a whole load of LR's :)
shwA
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by shwA »

Apoptosis wrote:InFuZiOn is going to be at Quakecon hanging out with us too by the way :)
lol... :lol:

I wish I could go...sounds like a blast!
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Yeah its definitely fun down here. Nate flirts a little too much but you get used to it after awhile :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually going to try to come back tomorrow for the workshop but I'll miss Saturday and Sunday since I'm going hunting :(
Antonik
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Antonik »

Another reason why Quake is the bestest game ever.
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

Man I would have come out to see your workshop but my sons birthday party is at 5:30 Saturday and I have 6 out of town family coming. Dang the bad luck. Couldnt make Friday cause of work.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I need to get a better job, save some cash up and try and make this thing at least once in my life. every year I look at the pics and think "dam, that looks fun"
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

Wow... I didn't know this was run by Legit Reviews?? I was press, we tried to come to the 2nd one on Saturday... and we came in and some bitch of an Intel lady kicked us out... The other press guys and I said, welp, if you don't want any press, then screw you, you're not getting any... I would've loved to see this, so I'm sorry that Intel was being such an ass to us.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

it was because of the fire codes, we were only aloud a certin number of people thats all. Sorry guys :)
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

infinitevalence wrote:it was because of the fire codes, we were only aloud a certin number of people thats all. Sorry guys :)
Yea I know, but you could've fit 3 press guys and gone agains the fire code... How many other laws do you strictly follow? Copyright laws... driving laws... drinking laws... ;)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Sorry you guys couldn't make it. Intel was putting the workshop on for the gamers/enthusiasts that were at Quakecon 2005. Since Intel does the workshop at other events they figured that the press would be better off attending a workshop that didn't have limited seating.

I'm not sure which press company you are with, but many events don't allow press due to various reasons. I've personally been asked to leave many events where press were not wanted.

Maybe you can catch it again at the Winter CPL
TAM
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TAM »

The session was really fine. Very informative. I'll keep this option in mind when the need for a laptop arises.

thanks!
TAM
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Welcome to the forums! Glad you enjoyed the workshop!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook