Folding with Rosetta@home

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
sasamkd
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Folding with Rosetta@home

Post by sasamkd »

Folding... folding...... folding.......

All around the forum are folding topics about F@H. I'm folding with Rosetta@home so if any of you is interested check:

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

...also check http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/rah_welcome.php

A little bit different goal about folding proteins. :)
bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Folding with Rosetta@home

Post by bmaverick »

I'll take a look into it. If the calculations are not using fetal protein stem cells in the research I may toss a machine to run it and try the application out. The earlier a team gets on board the better as it will remain at the top of the rankings.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
sasamkd
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by sasamkd »

+ it does not matter if you have nvidia or ati ;) the software is going to use it to the max.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

if the software is better than f@h then I might be for this one! I want it to auto-update itself, run to the best of its capabilities right off the bat with no stupid command line crap and I want it to run in the tool tray automatically when I start windows.

Oh and I want it to either not be in beta for the past 8million years or at least ready to come out of beta soon with all the features above :)

picky, aint I :finga:

Mike

those are the major complaints I have with f@h above, so if Rosetta has them included/fixed already, I may jump to that one.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: