Boot problem

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Sweet, nevermind I mentioned that, that is fricking awesome to drop that quickly! That's pretty cool for that proc. under gaming
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

I have the CPU running at 3.0 now at 30C Idle but i seem to have a problem.

My Bios settings wont save.

Everytime i reboot i have to go into the bios and set them again.

Also when i boot i have to go into bios and hit exit and save for the computer to boot windows.

Anybody any ideas

Thanks
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

make sure the CLR CMOS jumper is in the correct position.
sometimes a flash to the latest BIOS can help as well.
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

ok im gonna download the latest bios and see if it works
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

make sure you clear the CMOS and load the default BIOS settings befoere flashing. then after flashing, load the defaults and restart before changing anything.
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

Cheers dude

Everything is running nicely now.

:mrgreen: :drinkers:

See

http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... 5270#15270

Thanks to all who helped couldnt have done it without yas
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

nice system and nice going, now you have to keep posting and let us know how everything is going.....and you also have to stick around to jhelp others with your new found experience.
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

capper5016 wrote:nice system and nice going, now you have to keep posting and let us know how everything is going.....and you also have to stick around to jhelp others with your new found experience.
Yeah for sure

At least maybe i can help from a beginners point of view.

Thanks again
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

At least maybe i can help from a beginners point of view.
Sometimes thats the very best perspective you can have. When new people come here and ask a question oe need help, you can walk them through it or give advice. Another point is that after awhile, people who have been doing this for awhile will often overlook a simple solution when troubleshooting, things that you won't overlook....then you can look at it from another point of view, this is your first step toward becoming the master computer guru.
Anyway, glad we could help you, and very glad that you are happy.
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

Yeah well it was a bit daunting at first thinking i could do some damage to the pc but the more i read stuff in here the safer i felt.

Ive probably started something i cant stop now tho

Allways looking for that little bit extra :mrgreen:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

capper5016 wrote:after awhile, people who have been doing this for awhile will often overlook a simple solution when troubleshooting, things that you won't overlook....then you can look at it from another point of view
man are you all too right about that one. by this point you've pratically run into almost every possible negative scenario and expect something complex to be wrong when something goes wrong, only to finally figure out that it was a simple error the whole time. that in itself is a bit of learning for even the most experienced builder. it's just like when I had to get you guys to help me with the system that wouldn't stop rebooting....I kept thinking things like the HDD died, the mobo had a crack in it (I've seen that cause problems like that before), or even a burnt or cracked processor core, only to find out the whole time it was faulty memory. I felt dumb at first, but then learned to look at the simple things first, then go on to the more complex.