Suggetions for new gaming mouse + keyboard

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Suggetions for new gaming mouse + keyboard

Post by lordvic »

I don't really know where to exactly post this question so...anyways.

My wirless Microsoft keyboard and mouse is starting to die from all the spam pressing of buttons and clicking from the games I play, and it's time for a new set. I'm wondering if any would like to give some suggestions on which mouse/keyboard to purchase.

Logitech and Razer seems to be pretty good as I and other I know have positive comments about them. I don't think I'm going with Mircosoft again as two of my mices have died (excluding this one).

I don't plan on spending more than $150 (or less for that matter) for keyboard + mouse as I need the money for other things.

May not need to be a gaming keyboard/mouse, just need one that's able to survive for a good amount from a bunch of clicking, etc. Wireless isn't a real concern, but I move around sometimes so it would be nice.

Thanks in advance :)
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Suggetions for new gaming mouse + keyboard

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Honestly this is a difficult question to answer because its going to be what feels good to you. You need to find a place that sells mice and feel them. My wife loves razor, I hate them. I dont like the way they feel. Also I am logitech biased. They have treated me well over the years and thier products have never ever let me down.

Right now I am looking at the logitech G-500 mouse. If you dont want to go too expensive on a keyboard, try the logitech G-15, new or old version.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I love my Logitech G-15 1st gen keyboard. The LCD is actually useful as I can program it to show my temps and stats with Everest, my stats in various games (DDO, Crysis, UT, etc), and it has a bank of programable buttons. I picked it up about 4 years ago and it's still working great and survived numerous LAN parties.

On mice, I'm in the same boat as you. I bought the MX Revolution wireless mouse from Logitech thinking it'd be the answer to my gaming needs because it had two scroll wheels, 5 buttons, etc. Turns out most of those features can't be remapped. Particularly frustrating is Logitechs decision to make the mouse wheels click function inable or disable it's clutch (free spin vs click spin). If you're like me, you're used to be able to map that to things like weapons and such in video games. Can't do it.

So for gaming, I'd NOT recommend the MX Revolution. As a day to day mouse it's awesome. Battery life is excellent, wireless is completely responsive, never lost sync to the PC, VERY comfortable. It just sucks as a gaming mouse. ](*,)
skier

Post by skier »

i use a cheap keyboard, imo the most important part of gaming aside from framerate is mouse feel, and mousepad material
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I have the first gen Logitech G15 and it's still running strong. There is also the G10 or G11 (can't remember for sure) that is also solid and a bit cheaper. Either of those are great.

As far as a mouse goes I have 2 Logitech G5 v2 mice. You can usually find good deals on that mouse if you look around a bit. I love the way they feel in the hand and have had not problems programming buttons (mostly do MMORPG games these days). The G5 also comes with weights and adjustable dpi on the fly (up/down buttons below the scroll wheel).

Personally I don't like the way the Razer mice feel in my hand. Good luck with your choice.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
mx6er2587
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by mx6er2587 »

I've used a few mice over the years but by far my absolute favorite is the razer death adder. It just feels right in my hand. Quality is also top notch. It is a mouse that favors larger hands though. Really I find the best way to pick a mouse is to just head over to your local computer store and just try out everything they have. Everyone prefers a little something different in their mouse and no one can tell you what you will like best
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Anyone tried the new Sidewinder and MX mice?
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I like my Razer Deathadder, but then again I'm not like most of you guys. I like it because it has a large surface area and is relatively light.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Logitech recently came out with the g110 gaming keyboard, might be worth looking at.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I'm using the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard. I don't have any complaints about it. I would recommend the new Cooler Master Sentinel mouse. I have it and it's awesome. It goes up to 5600 dpi, but its extremely customizable on the dpi settings.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
artupato
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by artupato »

how about the ocz behemoth gaming mouse? i heard its good considering that it is way cheaper that razr
Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55 UD3P
2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws
HIS IceQ 4+ turbo HD 4870 1GB
WD 500GB
OCZ 600W psu
Thermaltake V3 Black edition (installed 5 Akasa blue led light fan + 1 blue led stock fan) with sunbeam uv light
LG W2043T
Altec Lansing V2621
AzureNightmareX1
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by AzureNightmareX1 »

I love my razer copperhead mouse and razer tarantula keyboard. They're both very solid. I think Xoxide still has the bundle deal i took advantage of.
Co-Owner, Co-Founder, Community Manager - Gamer Theory Media
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

Thanks, I'll look into the ones you guys suggested.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
Christopher H
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Christopher H »

The Logitech G5 and Steelseries Merc have working out pretty well for me so far...
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

The CM Sentinel looks nice, it has space to put your thumbs so you don't keep on hitting the side buttons (like on my NZXT avatar ](*,) )
also has weight control so that's good.
deleted
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by deleted »

I'm still using my Logitech G11 and some Logitech Optical mouse. LOGITECH FOR THE WIN :finga:

+ a light-up mousepad :)