Aftermarket Coolers

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Aftermarket Coolers

Post by Geezy »

Hi Guys, I just received my board (gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p) and processor (Intel i7 860) and I'm planning on doing some overclocking,
i really love the performance of the Titan Fenrir so the Question is Will it Fit on my Board :-k if not any recommendations is accepted
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was
ColdPlay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Aftermarket Coolers

Post by ColdPlay »

It does, beautifull peace of art it is! Would like to have one myself!

http://www.titan-cd.com/2009_WEB/eng/index.asp

ColdPlay
And this ::::
Attachments
85cs_1[2].jpg
85cs_1[2].jpg (60.52 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
In GRAW2 : stand still and "I will try to 'fix' you" ;-)
Optix
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Optix »

Well, this...

...shows it fitting on a P55 board so you should be good. If it is rotated so it pushes air towards the back of your case like most setups the fan may block the first and second memory slots but just install the fan after unless you are using a kit with a tall heatspreader (Muskin Frostbyte, G.Skill Ripjaw, OCZ Reaper etc).

The main problem that I find with clearance no longer seem to come from the boards but the chassis they are installed in. Too many manufacturers don't leave enough room between the top edge of the motherboard and the top of their case, especially if they have a top exhaust fan so that may be something to think about as well.

I wish that more manufacturers would post measurements of the heatsinks such as bottom of the contact base to the bottom of the first cooling fin so those with extra high cooling solutions on their northbridge chipsets and VRM's along with higher than normal heatspreaders on their memory could check to see if it would fit.

On an unrelated note this would look amazing on a Foxconn Flaming Katana.
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Geezy »

sorry for the late reply and thanks for the answers, i will definatley order this then i I'm sooooooooo in love with it.

Coldplay, i searched for the one you showed and they said it was a Christmas special so its no longer available i bought the standard color amazon as it for $54

Optix, I will be ordering the Silverstone Ft02 or raven next week (still wondering about saving $100 on the raven over the ft02) and it should fit nicely in any of them without problems i think, you have a point about the memory so i'll try to get one without the tall heatspreader but close enough performance if possible.

thanks again guys
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was