Video Card Question

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Video Card Question

Post by Geezy »

Hey guys I have a evga 8800 gtx superclocked edition card, the card was working fine until i shut down my system and when to bed, the following day i tried to boot my system when i realized that the system reached the desktop (windows startup song) but nothing came up on the monitor, so i tried removing then re-adding the card but nothing worked no matter what i did the screen would not turn on so i tried the card in another system i got the same results, the thing is the card powers on on all test but no visual i'm completely baffled due to the fact that the card was working fine until i shut down my system.

windows update is off i did not update to the latest drivers due it killing peoples cards and all and to make matters worst i'm in the last stage of mass effect 2 in hardcore mode, what the heck is happening ](*,)

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i wanted to sell my card and get a 5870
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Video Card Question

Post by InspectahACE »

are using any adapters to the back of the cards for the monitors? (like DVI-to-VGA or HDMI-to-DVI adapters etc..). im assuming since you tried another system you tried with a different monitor/cable..
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Geezy »

yeah i use a DVI adapter as both monitors only support vga, i failed to mention that i have a 7600 gs as-well and its working fine, i just cant understand why the card stopped working all of a sudden
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was
ssgwright
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ssgwright »

you didn't mess with the bios of the card at all? I've never had a card just not work (except after a bad bios flash) hmm try taking it out and reseating the cooler see if that works