Vapor-x & ventilation

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Legit User
Legit User

Vapor-x & ventilation

Post by sticky »

I have an MSI X58 PRO-E motherboard. Occupying two card slots are two 5770 Vapor-x. Both face their fans down, and the lower most card places the fan less that centimeters from the base of the chassis. Will this arrangement create ventilation issues given the cooling system in the Vapor-x design? The chassis itself sits behind a 24" monitor which probably doesn't help with ventilation either.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vapor-x & ventilation

Post by DMB2000uk »

You should be able to check up on the operating temperatures of both cards using a program like GPUz.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Cairtorm
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Cairtorm »

I use a program called. SIW
System Information for Windows...
It's free and pretty simple to use...

*I mean I use it to check temperatures and stuff..
Raraniel
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Raraniel »

The catalyst control center should also show your temps under the overclocking utility. It's a good way to compare various temps with the %load that caused them
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It shouldn't be a problem. The manufacturers and ATi designed these cards with Crossfire usage in mind. The only problem I could see is the heat from the card builds up in your case. As long as it has some sort of ventilation you should be fine.