POLL: can you type without looking?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!

Can you type without looking?

Yes
76%
hunt-and-peck..hunt-and-peck..
24%

Total votes: 33

bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

on my cad I only have one tool bar for dim options and matchprop comands with layer options. the stuff that the commands are a pain for the short keys. I have another that has all the 3d commans I use on it, when I do that.

but couldn't tell ya what I type in the way of wpm, not to blistering fast I know that :lol:
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

kenc51 wrote:
Zelig wrote:I type on the Dvorak layout, but my keys are still arranged in the standard qwerty layout, so looking at my keyboard doesn't do me much good.
That's just crazy!! :rolleyes:

Are Dvorak layout keyboards hard to get? Or are you soo good at typing you NEVER look. lol
Hard to get as in learn? It probably took me a month or so to get up to where I was with the QWERTY layout, and I've improved since then.

I can't look at the keyboard when typing, it's a standard keyboard, but all the letters are different (well, except for "a" and "m") Usually I don't bother sliding out my keyboard tray anyway. :P
Kevin007
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Kevin007 »

mine broke, and I hated anyway, so I ripped it off and threw it away lol
Kill_A._Byte
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Kill_A._Byte »

Mo....ooops....Np...oooops...bi....hp...NO :oops:
demi
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by demi »

heck yeah, i learned how to type BEFORE i started using computers. and the best speed and accuracy come when i am thinking something TOTALLY unrelated to what i am typing lol.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Sure I can
srthuishtiuvehrbuwn..... see, you just can't understand it it :roll:
Even when I look, I am misunderstood :cry:
TX_Renegade
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by TX_Renegade »

I just have one thing to say:

Thank you Mavis Beacon! :lol:

Hunt and peck'd til the day I met her! lol
Thx,
TX_Renegade
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

There should be a 3rd option! Everyone thinks these things are so cut and dry. Need a black or white, yes or no answer.

I voted yes but it is more in between depending on my situation and how I am siting or if I need help spelling a word. I sometimes look at the keys hoping the spelling will just come to me. Seems silly I know but it works sometimes.

JT
Heretic
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Heretic »

I always type without looking at the keyboard...it's just easier that way. Think of how hard it would be with the hunt and peck method if you were trying to transcribe handwritten text.