XFX's "Double Lifetime Warranty"

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

XFX's "Double Lifetime Warranty"

Post by LVCapo »

August 17, 2005
XFX Debuts Industry-First Double Lifetime Warranty For All Series 6 and Series 7 Graphics Cards

Ontario, CA, August 17, 2005�Industry innovator XFX today introduced yet another exclusive: the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty, available on all of its Series 6 and Series 7 graphics cards purchased in North America (USA and Canada) on September 1, 2005 or later. However, for a limited time, XFX will also offer the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty to owners of Series 6 and Series 7 graphics cards purchased before the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty�s Sept. 1 debut.

Debuting alongside XFX�s newest must-have for extreme gamers, the GeForce� 7800GT Graphics Card, the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty offers free repair and service for the life of the card, not only for the first owner, but also for the second owner�a significant selling point in the increasingly popular secondary market.

To put the Double Lifetime Warranty into effect, the first owner (original purchaser) simply has to complete an online registration at xfxforce.com. If the first owner should sell or otherwise transfer the card, XFX will then honor the warranty for the card�s second owner, as long as they too complete XFX�s online registration.

The XFX Double Lifetime Warranty applies only to the repair and service of XFX Series 6 and Series 7 graphics cards purchased on or after September 1, 2005 whose owners completed their online registration within 90 days from the date of purchase. Owners of Series 6 and 7 graphics cards purchased before the introduction of XFX�s Double Lifetime Warranty have until December 1, 2005 to register for warranty coverage.

Online registration is key to the effectiveness of this warranty. The XFX Double Lifetime Warranty is void to the second owner if either the first owner or the second owner does not complete the online registration.

XFX is a global presence in the world of electronic gaming. With its focus on taking gaming to the extreme, XFX has developed an exciting array of video cards and accessories that are designed to maximize the entire entertainment experience. Learn more about XFX and the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty at http://www.xfxforce.com.

I like that XFX has stepped up and done this, and would love it if all hardware vendors did the same thing. Seriously, if they are going to warranty a product, why shouldn't they honor it if it changes owners?
I personally trade components all the time. I buy a LOT of hardware (New Egg and ZZF know me by name), and as time passes, I either trade it for something else I need or give it to friends. (I have this weird deal where I'll build friends a system and give them a few parts, as long as they give their old system to a kid who doesn't have a computer or a family who can't afford one).
Last edited by LVCapo on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: XFX's "Double Lifetime Warranty"

Post by kenc51 »

capper5016 wrote:I posted the news and link on the front page, but really wanted to start a thread to discuss this idea.
I like that XFX has stepped up and done this, and would love it if all hardware vendors did the same thing. Seriously, if they are going to warranty a product, why shouldn't they honor it if it changes owners?

YES YES YES!!! We have this with the likes of OCZ and Kingston (to name a few)... We spend ALOT more on GFX cards.. Some even are loyal and stick with the same manufacturers.. XFX will take all those loyal customers (rightly so!)
Why should we accept the fact that memory gets a lifetime guarantee but GFX cards don't?

The fact that the warranty will transfare to another owner! CLASS
ALL HARDWARE MANUFACTURERS TAKE NOTE!!

We pay spend enough as is!
capper5016 wrote:(I have this weird deal where I'll build friends a system and give them a few parts, as long as they give their old system to a kid who doesn't have a computer or a family who can't afford one).
Love it! great idea! SHARE THE WEALTH ;)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I kinda missed my point, but what I was trying to say is motherboard and graphics card makers should really adopt this policy. A lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty, and it shouldn't matter who owns it (alright, no passing it on to your kids, but you know what I mean).

I spend a LOT of money on review and test material, and sometimes things need to be replaced after a short time, either by newer models or because they blow up or wear out. I trade most of what I don't use for things I need, and like I said, sometimes i do little things for friends and family.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: XFX's "Double Lifetime Warranty"

Post by sbohdan »

capper5016 wrote: (I have this weird deal where I'll build friends a system and give them a few parts, as long as they give their old system to a kid who doesn't have a computer or a family who can't afford one).
nice. this just shows the kind of person you are...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

We'll keep my soft side between us, I have my image as a big mean ogre to keep up....kinda like Shrek
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

/wispers...

ear wax and all....
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

oohhhh, man.... you are so lucky we have those new forum rules.
teer
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by teer »

excellent policy i think imma buy xfx only from now on. hah
One4yu2c
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by One4yu2c »

I saw that a week or so ago and inquired at BFG whether theirs was the same, regardless of not being in writing (and suggested that they put it in writing if my assumption was correct). Part of the email response I got from them was:
  • I'll forward that request over to our marketing team to make sure that the world knows about all of the details of our RMA policy. You're correct in thinking that our warranty does carry over to a second owner - it does.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

capper5016 wrote:I have this weird deal where I'll build friends a system and give them a few parts, as long as they give their old system to a kid who doesn't have a computer or a family who can't afford one
Right on man!! You're definitely the philanthropist amongst computer enthusiasts!! I do the same for friends and family members (which is most of them, sadly, family members I mean) who don't have much; I don't see it weird at all; Everyone should have a computer, and I also believe everyone should have access to the Internet, because from what I understand, less than 50%, approximately,of the American population has Internet access, and I consider it an important tool for communication between family members, fellow college students if you're working on a team project, and co-workers if you do your work at home. This is most definitely a good start, capper, because everyone needs access to computers and computer electronics :)
Last edited by killswitch83 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camride
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Camride »

Awesome stuff, this definetly needs to become a new trend among hardware manufacturers. Why should it matter if the item has been sold, the warranty should apply regardless. It's good to see a company standing up and doing the right thing. I'll definetly be buying my next card from them or BFG!
Kill_A._Byte
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Kill_A._Byte »

Is the warranty really lifetime? I mean as long as you own it, or what the manufacturer considers the life of the product? :rolleyes:
One4yu2c
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by One4yu2c »

Kill_A._Byte wrote:Is the warranty really lifetime? I mean as long as you own it, or what the manufacturer considers the life of the product? :rolleyes:
With regards to video cards BFG, eVGA, and XFX have true lifetime warranties. PNY is the one with a goofy definition of what constitutes a 'lifetime.'
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

Very nice. I doubt I will sell the cards we have but I will be filling out the form anyway. It seems important considering the sudden death issues seen in series 6 cards. I am starting to like XFX again. :)

JT
Heretic
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Heretic »

Transferable warranties are a great thing, especially when buying through forums and the like. Used hardware, without a warranty, just isn't worth as much (in my opinion).
nForcer227
Legit User
Legit User

Post by nForcer227 »

thats awsome, I ussually give my lil brothers my old computers after i build a new one, just so they got something to mess around on...This would be great for me and my little brothers...
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

This is very VERY cool. It's very reassuring to see a company with enough confidince in thier product to back if for not only the lifetime of the original owner, but also for a SECOND owner as well!!!
I am now the second owner of an XFX 6800GT so I'll let you guys know if I have to take advantage of this warranty (hopefully I don't), but it's always nice to know it is available! :)