Windows 7 (64-Bit) unable to connect to wireless network

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Diplomatix
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Windows 7 (64-Bit) unable to connect to wireless network

Post by Diplomatix »

Hi,

For days now I have been unable to connect to my wireless router. When I try to connect it eventually says "windows was unable to connect to ___(router)" and that is it. After a couple of days I eventually got connected but only "limited access" THEN out of no where I was fully connected but strangly unable to do anything on the internet. Now it is back to me not being able to connect at all.

I have a full strength singal and everything but just no connection......Any help please? I would appreciate it.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Windows 7 (64-Bit) unable to connect to wireless network

Post by Darkstar »

few questions, whats the router model? have you downloaded an updated driver ? what is the wireless client on the Win7 system?

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I don't know if this will work or not but I had a similar issue about a year ago. I went to Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings and unchecked Automatically Detect Settings and was able to connect again.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
tekgek
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tekgek »

Could you please run a ping of your router? That may help in identifying the source of the problem.

Tekgek
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rat6fink »

Actually, I had this same issue, and for me, the solution is ridiculous. Question: do you have iTunes installed on your system? If you do, uninstall a program called BonJour. Your system may be trying to connect to that program, thinking it's a network. As soon as I uninstalled it on my system, no more wireless issues.
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Yes, very good. I'll take a bloody mary and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich"

ASUS M4A785TD-V//AMD Phenom II 1090T BE//Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X//G.Skills Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600//Intel SSD boot//500GB & 1TB Seagate//
Antec DF85//Under Water like a scuba diver //Win 7 64-bit//
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

rat6fink wrote:Actually, I had this same issue, and for me, the solution is ridiculous. Question: do you have iTunes installed on your system? If you do, uninstall a program called BonJour. Your system may be trying to connect to that program, thinking it's a network. As soon as I uninstalled it on my system, no more wireless issues.

Yeah, that POS installs with many Quicktime players as well. I don't know if that is indeed your problem, but if it is on your system by all means try uninstalling it, it is junkware
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: