200,000:1 contrast ratio lcd monitor

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

200,000:1 contrast ratio lcd monitor

Post by -mogwai »

Bal`thzar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bal`thzar »

you are looking at what is going to become the standard for contrast for LCD's there are a lot of different things happening in the industry including organic compounds and the like.

This is the reason that the bottom is falling out of the LCD price market. Keep a close eye on things and look for the current generation of LCD to start to drop even more in price.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

looks nice, I wonder when it will be mass produced and affordable.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks even nicer in person. The detail levels are impressive. One thing though Marco from Hot Hardware pointed out to me that the picture slides were edited different on each monitor. On the brightside monitor the clouds were gone in the image. Not sure why they had to do that.

Just Ignore Anna from X-Bit's head on the left there ;) I'm not sure when pricing will drop on these new models.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hmmmm, who has $49000 I can steal...err......borrow, lol :rolleyes:
krizby
Legit User
Legit User

Post by krizby »

Apoptosis wrote:Looks even nicer in person. The detail levels are impressive. One thing though Marco from Hot Hardware pointed out to me that the picture slides were edited different on each monitor. On the brightside monitor the clouds were gone in the image. Not sure why they had to do that.

Just Ignore Anna from X-Bit's head on the left there ;) I'm not sure when pricing will drop on these new models.
um, from what i read about definition of HDR, when the HDR level is increased the cloud will be invisible, something about over-exposured :). I don't know if this is the case though, i need to see that TV ^^.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

who doesn't need to see it, lol. it's frickin sweet from initial viewing!! but 49K is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit out of my range...maybe Nate can get one or 12 and do a contest, lol (he can make it happen, he hath the money, rofl j/k :rolleyes: :ANAL: )
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

i just want a really really good lcd monitor to replace my aging crt:)>
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I feel ya there, after getting this CRT I have now (it's around 3 months old now), I found out that CRT's emit more radiation than the LCD's, and cause more eye problems. Therefore, I'll be gunning for one myself, considering they have made great strides in technology to complement gaming since I've last dealt with them full-time (about 3 years ago, lol)