Is this a good deal for ram?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Is this a good deal for ram?

Post by Nobahar »

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... E=WEM981AM

I know it's the cheapy kind, I'm just worried that it's not compatible in my system but it doesn't give any such warnings on it- the CAS latency is probably the slowest I can get, not sure if it's even compatible with my mobo, but I still have 256 mb of pc2700 ram in mine, I know this would be running at the 2700 speeds but tripling the amount of memory for 20 bucks seems like a great deal.

You can move this post to the deals if it is a good deal, but I know you guys aren't the budget system types ;p
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

I think it should be okay. HOwever, tigerdirect has bad reputation with their rebates, so I am not sure if you would want to buy it on the basis of the rebate. Why not spend like 10-20 more and get from newegg.
Bal`thzar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bal`thzar »

Tiger direct had a serious problem with rebates in teh past but in the last 8 months I have gotten every one I have sent in all you have to do is keep the coppies and if thereis a real issues they resolve it. the Onrebate site is pretty good.

but they are slow
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Same offer via http://www.globalcomputer.com/applicati ... u=ULT30215

So what you're saying is pay 50-100% more for the same quality product, that's not much of a deal then ;p Looking into the rebates, looks relatively simple with online application.

And I'd wait to see if it works before I fill it out, got until 30 days of purchase- so say it comes in about a week.

Now I'm pondering whether or not I even need a memory upgrade, I can just wait and buy a whole new system- but for 20 bucks it seems like a cheap upgrade.
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Ouch 7 dollar shipping, ok that makes it 27 dollars- after two rebates, that's probably not worth it ;p
gatman1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by gatman1 »

check out http://www.zipzoomfly.com.

u pay no taxes 8) so thats the best part. second, u get free shipping too
Bite-Me-2
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: How many

Post by Bite-Me-2 »

JohnLocke79394 wrote:
Nobahar wrote:Same offer via
How many people actually read these forums ?
I do and I hate seeing your spam crap, grow up or better yet, just go away............... :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

JohnLocke79394 wrote:How many people actually read these forums ?
About 45,000 unique vistors a month and I second Bite-Me-2's thoughts.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Apoptosis wrote:
JohnLocke79394 wrote:How many people actually read these forums ?
About 45,000 unique vistors a month and I second Bite-Me-2's thoughts.
Aww... did he get the shaft? :owned:
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
xenaki0001
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by xenaki0001 »

yeah id stay away from tiger directs rebates... also is this for an intel or AMD system?
Nick D Hollenbeck
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Actually this was awhile ago, I got a different ram upgrade which was even cheaper lol, PNY.

And the rebates were slightly a pain cause even though it suggests you can do them online, you have to mail them in anyway- and you gotta mail in two different ones so you need to find a copy machine to make copies of it.

It did take a little bit of work, but I got my rebates in no trouble- I did it via paypal cause it was faster.
o1die
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by o1die »

That's an average price. Best buy has corsair pc3200 for only $39.95 this week.