nForce3 250Gb: Faster with GeForce FX?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

nForce3 250Gb: Faster with GeForce FX?

Post by Merlin »

Is there a hidden benefit to running a NVidia Vid card if you have NVidia chiset on your mainboard?
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

nope absolutley nothing..... my mate is running an Nforce 2 with an ATI 9800 Pro and all is well, performs the same as any other 9800 Pro.
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

I know Radeons work fine on Nvidia chipset boards, I have one. I was just wondering if Nvidia's might have some advantage like maybe you can overclock better or something. Same question would apply to the new MSI boards with a radeon chipset, or maybe its not a radeon chipset but rather radeon on board vid. I guess what I'm saying is manufactorers often make products that will function quite well using no name accessories or whatever but they work just a little better wiht a name brand match. I could give examples but you get my point.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The new 250gb is supposed to be optimized to run with the new nVidia cards. I have seen a few benchmarks that support this but the differences are negligible and the ATI have better DX9 support any way.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Nvidia chipsets have been optimized to run better on nvidia chipsets. Meaning YES they do run better together than an ATI/Nvidia chipset combo.

While some might yell cheat or tweak I've spoken with ATI and they are doing the same with ATI video cards and upcoming chipsets. So no biggie and this is to be expected if you ask me. If you make the Chipset and the GPU then you know the arcitecture of both, so why not make them work together... I for one am glad that technology is moving in this direction.

Acually my friend Scott Wasson did an article on this a few weeks ago. (Owner of the Tech Report & lives in missouri too.)

For example look at this image from the Tech Report...

The FX is 9% faster than the Radeon on the Via chipset, but when on the Nvidia chipset it's 33% faster than the Radeon.

This just goes to show that Nvidia has optimized the chipsets and video cards to work better together. Great idea and marketing method if you ask me.

**KICKS Immortal for giving wrong answer** :axe:
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

haha, OW!
Im giving answer according to the nForce 2 chipset, i didnt take into account the Nforce3 250GB....