ABIT Capacitor Class Action Lawsuit Website

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABIT Capacitor Class Action Lawsuit Website

Post by Apoptosis »

If you had problems with an ABIT motherboard you bought between January 1999 and now, or you own one of the boards listed below, you need to check out this site ASAP: http://www.abitsettlement.com/

The Class Representative alleges in this Action that ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation ("ABIT") manufactured, marketed, and sold select models of its motherboards containing an allegedly defective component, namely, a capacitor, which was allegedly prone to failure. ABIT has denied and continues to deny these allegations and has asserted a number of affirmative defenses.

You are a member of the proposed Settlement class (the "Class"), if you are within the United States and you purchased one of the following specified ABIT Motherboard models during the period January 1, 1999 to the present: BE6, BE6II, BF6, BX-133, KA7, KA7-100, SE6, VH6, VH6II, VH6T, VP6, KT7-RAID, KT7A, KT7A-RAID, VL6, VT6X4, SA6R, AND BX133-RAID. However, the Settlement Class shall not include any persons or entities purchasing ABIT Motherboards for resale purposes.
dpalyu
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by dpalyu »

While in the service sector, I found that 80 to 90 percent of all electrolytic capacitor where bad and needed to be reformed on a tester. The manfactures facilities that I have toured do not have time to test the caps. In all the years I have been buliding computers I find that the caps are the weekest link on any computer or ps. I had to chang 2 caps in a ps and 1 on the motherboard that was just over warrenty to fix a video problem.
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Imakeholesinu »

ARRG!!! No IS7-E! Guess I'll have to wait for the next lawsuit.