headphones?! (num 2!)

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

headphones?! (num 2!)

Post by da_buddha »

So... my Sony MDR-V700-DJs just broke (bahhh) and I need to get myself a new pair this weekend...

I'm sorta stuck, I don't know what to choose because I fear I may buy something and the sound will suck compared to these and it'll be a loss for as much as I spend.

I definitely need good quality sound, that's all what I'm about, then comfort next (looks don't care, but for both of these, they usually look good and cost a lot).

I guess I'm stuck between:

- rebuying these Sony's again
- Sennheiser HD280 (~$100)
- Sennheiser HD555 (~$150)
- Ultrasone HFI-550 (~$160)
- Ultrasone HFI-650 (~$200)
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 (~$250)

Any suggestions/thoughts? I can't, and won't go for the <$100 ones that "oh these sound great"... so try and help me out!

Thanks! :)
Last edited by da_buddha on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

ohhh hey crap... I just saw that other post... sorry! :oops: but uh... I think I'm looking for a bit more expensive line rather than the <$100 kind of ones he was looking for.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i still say the sennheiser pc150s are the best deal... they're awesome as hell headphones and cost half as much as the rest of the ones you listed.... unless you don't need a mic, in which case, i'd have to recommend the bose triport headphones.
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

ahhh... I bit the bullet and bought the Ultrasone HFI 700 from DJDeals.com... They are running some offer... lol, you can bitch at me all you want about spend $200 on headphones... but I am all about the purest, richest sound quality... 8)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

da_buddha wrote:ahhh... I bit the bullet and bought the Ultrasone HFI 700 from DJDeals.com... They are running some offer... lol, you can bitch at me all you want about spend $200 on headphones... but I am all about the purest, richest sound quality... 8)
then you should of get the sennheiser HD600. I've got the HD580 (used to be the top of the line. the HD600 line is the best now.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4506

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3951265

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4504
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

da_buddha wrote:ahhh... I bit the bullet and bought the Ultrasone HFI 700 from DJDeals.com... They are running some offer... lol, you can bitch at me all you want about spend $200 on headphones... but I am all about the purest, richest sound quality... 8)
dude, if you were looking to spend a lot of money, why didn't you go with the bose quietcomfort 2?
da_buddha
Legit User
Legit User

Post by da_buddha »

audiophile wrote:
dude, if you were looking to spend a lot of money, why didn't you go with the bose quietcomfort 2?
I'm not to keen on Bose... have never liked their sound... to me personally, it is always just a bit off and never as full as I want and in comparison to many other things I hear... just my personal say.
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

Bose is a joke to any real audiophiles...