Usability Research Needed From Enthusiasts

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usability Research Needed From Enthusiasts

Post by Apoptosis »

We just got word of a very cool study being undertaken and although we can’t tell you what company it is for, we guarantee it will be very fun to be involved with this.
Usability researcher seeks techies & gamers for 30 minutes phone interview re: hardware & software usage, pls. email [email protected]
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Re: Usability Research Needed From Enthusiasts

Post by FZ1 »

The question everyone will be asking is - compensation?
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I don't think there is any money involved, but from what I was told there might be something there.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

we just email the link provided?
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
olorinpc
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by olorinpc »

Yep just email the gmail address in the original post.

Call takes about 30 minutes. If you have the time to spare might as well take part in the study, it is quite useful when companies do this as it helps everyone later.

By the end of the call you know who is driving the UI study. (Not going to post it while the study is ongoing since it may influence answers etc.) There is no compensation that I know of, but helping out is its own reward right?
-Jake Barnard

Executive Editor
Midwest Tech Reviews
http://www.midwesttechreviews.com
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Sent off the email , so we'll see what happens ...

I did do a simular study/survey through Nvidia (over the phone) and was given a nice $50 Amazon gift code . Not saying that this will happen on this survey (so please , dont really get your hopes up) , but ya never know .

Eitherway , kinda cool just to see what they might ask , etc ..
Last edited by stereo55 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Sent an email yesterday, no response yet. I was a marketing major in college so I try to help out with the people who take surveys.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I did the same, no response I gots lots of ideas....
Mini ME
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Actually I just got a responce email a few hours ago .

Ive yet to send back a reply though , as Ive got to figure the best day and time for them to call .

Here is the responce email :

Hello , xxxx (insert your name)

Thanks for your email!

My name is ILONA POSNER, I am a Usability Consultant. My task is to talkto real users, especially technologically savvy ones to understand theirexperience and points of view, then to incorporate those into the systemdesign. The marketing folks always think they "know the users"and the developers think they "are the users." However, UserCentered Design shows that users experience and points of view is best providedby REAL USERS! :).

So if you are willing and able to spare 30 minutes of your time, I would bevery interested in speaking with you.

Pleaselet me know when you are available for this 30 minute conversation bysuggesting a few different time slots this week or next. Also please includethe best way to contact you by providing either your phone number or your skypeid.

Thank you very much for your interest.
Hope to speak with you soon.

ilona

PS: The name of the technology company has been omitted at this time onpurpose, in order not to skew the interview results. I will be happy totell you the company name at the end of the interview. Thanks!

ILONA POSNER
Usability Consultant
Improving the User Experience
[email protected]
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
NAVI_WORLD_INC
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by NAVI_WORLD_INC »

Hi there, newfag here...

So I just got done with my usability survey, zero compensation. It was conducted by AMD. Notably for their CCC driver suite. Apparently they are conducting research and are working on a completely new version of CCC...

Ask me anything.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I don't care about compensation. What about the satisfaction in knowing that something you say might be implemented? Apparently they aren't too worried about this, I still haven't received an email. If it is in fact about the VISION suite I have some suggestions.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I got contacted. interesting conversation I had with the person conducting the survey. @ Navi_World Does it matter if you get paid for lending a helping hand? Since you did not get paid or compensated for the answers you gave does this mean that your answers were false?

I have a lot of ideas that could possibly help AMD on their video cards when dealing with Eyefinity, and possibly make Eyefinity more enticing to other end users. But in the end this was more geared for the drivers of the video cards.
Mini ME