Warmachine 3.0 (i5 2500K build)

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Warmachine 3.0 (i5 2500K build)

Post by Skippman »

MicroCenter had plenty of people in it but it wasn't the typical crowding I expected on Black Friday. I showed up at 10 half expecting them to be out of stuff but they had tons of processors and SSD's!

If anyones looking for an i5 they have a ton of them.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Skippman wrote:I'm going to have to purge my water cooling system, particularly the radiator (which supposidly has a built in res). Any suggestions? I'd heard using regular radiator cleaner from the auto parts store would be fine.

My loop has been running for 2 years without a problem. Temps are the same as the day I assemebled it. It doesn't run 24x7, only when I'm using it (10 hours or more a week) and I used a really good coolent, Fesser-1.
Drain the system, tear it all apart, pour a 1:1 mix of vinegar and water into rad and cap it, rock and shake rad to move the mix around. empty. run tap water trough till runs clear, then do a final rinse with DI water or filtered water.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Just got some goodies in the mail!

eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked
eVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
16gb G.Skill RAM

Pics to follow when I get home tonight!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Looks like the last of my parts finally came in! I'll be stripping appart the old machine later this week to clean out all the water cooling parts.

eVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked GPU
Intel i5 2500k
16gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD
PrimoChill UV Reactive Hose
Danger Den Hose Clams
3x Yate Loon 120mm High Speed Red LED Fans
2x Yate Loon 140mm High Speed Red LED Fans
Corsair 700D Case w/ 800D window panel
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Very Nice! :) Is a keyboard in the works? The one in the pic is looking tired. Speakers too. Sorry to be a pain in the A**. Next year I will show you my next build. I am waiting for a 16 core rig. Don't know if that is in the works with Intel though.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

vbironchef wrote:Very Nice! :) Is a keyboard in the works? The one in the pic is looking tired. Speakers too. Sorry to be a pain in the A**. Next year I will show you my next build. I am waiting for a 16 core rig. Don't know if that is in the works with Intel though.

No, that's my test bench, not my home office. :P

My G15 and MX Revolution both work great for everything I do.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Just wondering if you are having second thoughts on your parts. I know I always do. Anything that you might have done differently? I was searching Graphic Cards and I saw this: XFX Radeon HD 6970 HD-697A-CNFC Video Card with Eyefinity it's the same price or lower than the eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked GPU that you chose. Not sure if you considered it. Sorry about being a dumb A**.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Let me know what you think of that SSD. I have the exact same thing coming via Santa to replace the 2 SSDs I'm running in RAID.