Upgrading a Mobile GPU in an All In One Desktop

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Upgrading a Mobile GPU in an All In One Desktop

Post by Razorbacx »

The family computer is an HP Touchsmart with the i7 cpu. We have the 230M video card installed and I was wondering if these can be upgraded and if so is it very difficult? For a basic PC it has been fine allowing my wife and kids to surf, do homework, watch YouTube video's, Facebook and some decent gaming, that is until recently. My son has discovered Minecraft and our PC simply struggles with this game. He's begging for a gaming pc, but the wife has given an emphatic "NO", so I'm exploring upgrade options.

Thanks in advance.

Razorbacx
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Upgrading a Mobile GPU in an All In One Desktop

Post by pwcmed »

Hmm, I bet you can but it might be difficult. Whats the model number? I bet it's a MXM card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_PCI_Express_Module
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Upgrading a Mobile GPU in an All In One Desktop

Post by Razorbacx »

The model is 600-1150qd.

Thanks in advance!
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.