[SOLVED] RAID Issues

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

[SOLVED] RAID Issues

Post by NAiLs »

I'm trying to reformat my brother's computer, but I'm having issues setting up his RAID config. I've spent waaaay too long in the last 24 hours trying to get this thing going.

Board: EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1
Drives: 2x 1TB WD1001FALS

The HDD's are plugged into Ports 8 and 9 (red ones) on the JMB363 SATA controller. SATA mode is set to RAID. The JMB363 controller is also set to RAID.

I'm wanting to do the on-board RAID config like he had it originally set up, but no installers (XP, Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit) see the drives when I set them to RAID in the BIOS and set up the RAID 1 config in the RAID utility. I've tried loading the drivers via my USB drive, and it still doesn't see the HDD's present. I even went to Intel's website and downloaded the x58 driver pack, tried every single one in the pack, with no luck in seeing the drives. If I set everything to AHCI mode, the drives are detected no problem, and I can install Vista... but obviously I don't have my RAID 1 config anymore. I was going to do the route of software RAID, but I discovered that Vista doesn't have Mirroring under Disk Management, and this is something they introduced in 7.

I've tried wiping the partitions off of the drives, using DISKPART and clearing any parameters on the drive. I just cannot get this flipping computer to see the drives when in RAID mode. It was working fine prior to me touching it, but he needed a good reformat (32-bit was installed for some reason is reason #1).

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Brian
Last edited by NAiLs on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: RAID Issues

Post by NAiLs »

Fixed by configuring the motherboard and BIOS differently.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|