CES 2012: Belkin WeMo Home Control Switch and Motion Sensor

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

CES 2012: Belkin WeMo Home Control Switch and Motion Sensor

Post by Apoptosis »

Belkin is showing off some interesting home automation gear today at CES 2012 with the companies new WeMo line. The products are smartphone App controlled and you can use as many as you like and can work anywhere that there is a standard power outlet.

The device that we liked the most was the Belkin WeMo Home Control Switch. The WeMo Home Control Switch (F7C027fc) will sell for $49.99 each and are what most people will need. One you plug your lamp or any electrical device into the available plug you can turn it on or off with the App. Belkin also has the WeMo Motion Sensor, which turns the device plugged into it on and off when someone walks into a room or leaves it. Not ideal for those that have pets, but it's good for safety. Belkin offers the WeMo Motion Sensor and and Home Control Switch (F5Z034fc) together as a bundle for $99.99.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
jinxwolf69
Legit User
Legit User

Re: CES 2012: Belkin WeMo Home Control Switch and Motion Sen

Post by jinxwolf69 »

When I see this, i am reminded of those "Looney Toons" cartoons I used to watch when i was a kid about the "home of the future" where everything was automated and then something would screw up or funny scenarios would pop up.

mmmmmm... the nostalgia.....