AMD 1090T AND INTEL 2500K

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
masten12
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

AMD 1090T AND INTEL 2500K

Post by masten12 »

Hi,

I want to put it simple straight.

This computer is not for gaming or browsing or flashy stuff or for everyday use. This is a strict Corporate system. I will run a SAP Software on this.

I have no idea about the Processors and suitable Motherboards which run Win. Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit Operating System very very well on the machine.

For Processors I have

1. Intel Core i5 2500 or 2500K
2. AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition or 1100T Black Edition

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROCESSOR WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

For Mother Boards I have

1. Asus P8P67 Mother Board
2. Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MOTHERBOARD WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

Let me know if You have any suggestion for the Processor/MotherBoard combination.

Quote :

NO GRAPHICS,GAMES,FLASHY STUFF. ONLY ONLY SERIOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER CUM SERVER

RAM for this Machine

1. Kingston 1333 MHz
2. Corsair 1600 MHz

I'm in India. We do not have 8GB RAM sticks here. So I'm forced to use 4 X 4GB sticks for now. Once I get 8GB sticks then I will upgrade to 32 GB RAM.

Cooling System

Do You have any idea on the Cooling System. or Casing like that of Cooler Master or any Cooling Fans.
Frankly I do not have any idea.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Masten.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD 1090T AND INTEL 2500K

Post by kenc51 »

Welcome.

When you say you want to run SAP software and Server 2008, is this to run it as a server?
How many users will be connecting into it, how large is the database etc. expected to be? (SAP is just a fancy DB with a nice api/front end)

The AMD cpu would probably do better as has more threads and SAP is one area that AMD still copes well with Intel.

You're going to need lots and lots of ram as SAP eats it up.
Stay away from the highspeed stuff as if/when you move to 32GB the motherboard will drop the speed on you anyway.

Your best bet is to go with a workstation / server class motherboard with ECC ram.
If a server, a dual socket AMD Operton setup would work very well.