X-FI Question

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

X-FI Question

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

This is for those who have xfis or know about them. LOL

when i am in the entertainment mode listening to music it sounds too digital, like a bad cellphone reception or something. When i play movies its absoluelty amazing when i have the bar turned to full surround. Also does anyone have any tips for it and my 5.1 klipsch?
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

:axe: like me chasing this problem. LOL
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I haven't messed with mine much but maybe the EQ is set funny? I think the EQ is independent in each mode.
Joe
Pesto
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Pesto »

are you using the MediaSource player? I found the same thing when i use the mediasource player on my X-FI, but when i play it on winamp it sounds normal again.. its weird... theres too many settings to tinker with so i haven't figured it all out yet...
- Pesto
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

is there MAJOR probs with this card....or just something which will be fixed with updates? I'm thinking of this card as my audigy 1 has died :(
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Well i fixed the problem, sort of. I dont know what i changed, but i just cliked the default button and somewhat fixed it.

-----MINI REVIEW-------
(can a mod add "/review" to the topic title?)

I found newer songs sound a lot better on the entertainment mode. I mainly listen to classic rock, stuff that wasnt recorded in dolby digital like Yes, WHO, Led Zeppelin etc... All that sounds better in the game mode. Songs do sound better when they are in the entertainment mode, but when they have to be in the game mode, they dont sound all that bad, a could sound better experience though. And i am here to tell you, i am not about to change what i listen to for an X-FI mode. LOL

This card isnt for the simple user!! I am learning it bit by bit. With my Audigy 2 it was calibrate the speakers and turn cmss-3d on and you are ready to rock.
This card..... :ANAL: Much more to it than that. I know the card can perform better than it is now.( i have only had it for 2 days) You have to measure the distance between you and the speaker, tune your 24-bit crystalizer, and tune your cmss-3d, as well as your surround. I will have to say my movie experience so far is to die for!!!!! my "backup copies" sound better than movie theater experience, if not as good. I litteraly get full surround sound. I used my copy of "War of the Worlds" (new one) when they first encountered the first alien that came from under the ground. Everything from people screaming, to the lazer going from in front to behind was ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!! I never got that on my Audigy 2.

In game the ambiant noises do sound ungodly!!! In call of duty 2, the bombs and guns going off actually made me turn my head a couple of times. LOL But the live sounds comming from other players and such dont really sound all that great, nothing more than my audigy 2. I can see in a single player game it would rock!! But multiplayer it isnt all that great. I still cant seem to find that deal they were talking about where you can make VoIP sound like where the person is in a game and have yet to try that out.

Overall the Movie and Music Experience has been well worth the buy. I am still working with the in game experience, which is why i bought it in the first place. If anyone can help me with that or tell me how they have thier awesomegoodnessrockingcard working, tell me i would love to know!

I have run into many problems since I have installed the card. Half Life 2 Death Match runs very laggy even though i have 20 ping on servers and BF2 does the same thing sometimes. That i know will have to be fixed A.S.A.P. or else i will have to find a new card.

If you want a more in depth review let me know, i am doing this at 1:30am. LOL i will see if i can work on one when i get some time. LOL
Last edited by Dragon_Cooler on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

It's a good card Ken. Some early models had issues with some mobos but CL was flashing the cards for those that had issues. The later prod models had the update installed. I had the Audigy 2ZS and I am loving the X-FI.
Joe
Pesto
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Pesto »

I ordered mine after hearing the demo at quakecon.. heh.. it is pretty awsome..

Although you should get some good headphones/speakers to go with it, cause you know if you're using $12 wal-mart speakers anything you hook them up to your music wills till sound crappy..
- Pesto
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

its kind of like buying a 7800gtx and using a intel celeron processor. LOL