Windows 8 is MS Bob 2.0

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Windows 8 is MS Bob 2.0

Post by DX »

Windows 8 is the next MS Bob. It is horrible for corporate use. Really this is trying to make Windows into a Playskool computer and make it all touchy-feely. The entitled, spoiled brat, hipsters on the committee that came up with this worthless sack of BS need to know that we don't want this. I move that we don't call it Windows 8 or Metro but MS Bob 2.0 or Bob 2 for short. I was thinking about Revenge of Bob but that would make it cooler than what it is.

I think that this may rival MS Bob as the worst OS enhancement of all time.

What do you guys think?
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
KnightRid

Re: Windows 8 is MS Bob 2.0

Post by KnightRid »

Everybody is getting dumber and lazier and MS just has to make everything easier to keep up.

Yea, that metro crap is lame but it will appeal to the lower forms of evolved apes that think a tablet will do everything a laptop or desktop will do, and do it as well.

MS is trying to copy Apple but the main thing they forgot is that Apple has their OS based on *nix. Now don't get me wrong, I laugh at the people spending way too much money buying an Apple but the OS is nice. Very nice. If MS would redo the entire OS and base it on *nix rather than it's own crap, then we would have improvement. Until that happens, they can add all the facelifts they want but it is the same ugly crap underneath.

I mean, come on people, you need a touch screen pc so you don't have to strain your wrist or fingers to do something strenuous like moving a mouse or typing something by pressing those horribly tough keys?

So to sum this up - Bob 2 sux :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I hate Metro and I hope they ship a version (Professional/Ultimate) with a way to turn it off. I also don't like how it handles files (doesn't ask are you sure if you hit the delete key and the UAC just to copy files). Unless there's a super compelling reason to go to Windows 8 I'm going to skip it.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Major_A wrote:I hate Metro and I hope they ship a version (Professional/Ultimate) with a way to turn it off. I also don't like how it handles files (doesn't ask are you sure if you hit the delete key and the UAC just to copy files). Unless there's a super compelling reason to go to Windows 8 I'm going to skip it.
From what I remember of the early release, you can turn Metro off, which is good since it is mainly for touch screens anyway.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

It is a reg hack to turn it off but when you do you disable some needed functionality. I can't remember what though as I haven't tried using that but so far Microsoft has stated emphatically that Bob 2 is going to everyone with no exceptions.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16