Review of Rosewill RK-9100 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
BrightSide
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Review of Rosewill RK-9100 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Post by BrightSide »

KeyboardLights.jpg
KeyboardLights.jpg (96.48 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
I recently got this Rosewill RK-9100 Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches, and it's amazing. Keys are surprisingly easy to press, really responsive, sound awesome, and feel great on the fingers. I like that this has the dual USB ports on the back of the keyboard as well, because they make it convenient to charge my other devices. The adjustable back-lighting is gorgeous in any brightness. I often work at night, and the fact that it can be dimmed is stellar. I use this keyboard for more than just gaming, and so I like that it has a numpad as well. Keycaps are just the right height for my liking, and spaced perfectly for my hand size. The weight is great: I expected it to be really heavy since it is full size, but it's surprisingly balanced. The adjustable feet are rubberized, and that feature gets kudos, because I like the angle with them up. There are no frills, which I love ~ Especially because the lack of a wrist rest, (wrist rests get in my way) The only thing I would change about this are the green LED keys: The numlock, capslock, and scroll lock keys light up green, but don't adjust with brightness - they are always really bright. That's an easy fix though. I just popped off the cap and blacked out the back of the key and LED to make it less bright. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend (and have) this keyboard to my gaming friends, and anyone who likes a solid mechanical keyboard.