Stupid Lesson Learned

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Stupid Lesson Learned

Post by sgkean »

Ok, so I've been doing some remodeling around the house. The other day, I must have left my small sledge hammer (only a 5lb one) on the shelf above my keyboard. When you have a bunch of kids slamming doors throughout the house, this isn't a good thing. Came home today to find the sledgehammer on the floor, where it was waiting for the next thing to be destroyed. On the way down, it decided to land on my TT Challenger Pro keyboard! ARGH! So now it's off to look for a new gaming keyboard LOL
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Stupid Lesson Learned

Post by Major_A »

That sucks. But at least you now have an excuse to try another keyboard.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Smack some asses and tell those kids to stop slamming doors! Yea, I am a mean parent lol
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Yea, very true...I'm picky about my keyboard, so who knows what I'll check out. Might just switch back to my old natural one for a while.

So what stupid lesson's have you all learned after some piece of computer hardware got ruined?
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Don't try to use an older 20-pin PSU with a mobo that requires 24-pin, even if it seems like it works at first :oops:
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

1) No matter how hard you pull on that card, if it's screwed in, then it's probably not coming out. And if it does come out, chances are it's only parts of said card.

2) If you hook up the power to a floppy drive and it's off a pin there's a good chance the factory smoke will get out and cables will melt.

3) If you set up a water cooled rig, do a proper leak test. I lost an audio card because I ignored a nagging feeling in the back of my head to check the fittings on the video card. A week of the occasional sizzle sounds and the audio card died. Proper leak test and keeping an eye on suspect fittings can go a long way. Also, running a screw into the rad can cause problems...oh, and watch out for turtles when crossing a road...trippy little bastards.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Sporg wrote:3) If you set up a water cooled rig, do a proper leak test. I lost an audio card because I ignored a nagging feeling in the back of my head to check the fittings on the video card. A week of the occasional sizzle sounds and the audio card died. Proper leak test and keeping an eye on suspect fittings can go a long way. Also, running a screw into the rad can cause problems...oh, and watch out for turtles when crossing a road...trippy little bastards.
Probably my #1 fear in doing a water cooled system...leaks.