how to search an external hard drive for files?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Keith
Legit User
Legit User

how to search an external hard drive for files?

Post by Keith »

I recently transferred all my files off my laptop to a WD external hard drive. Now when I do a search for files, pics, etc, it always comes back with 0. How can I search the external hard drive? I run windows 8.

Many thanks
KnightRid

Re: how to search an external hard drive for files?

Post by KnightRid »

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/45 ... s-8-a.html

Last 2 comments on the first page....basically windows 8 sucks so you have to make them available offline (copies to your hard drive) or use file explorer. Doesnt seem you can do it from the metro interface.

I could be totally wrong because I will not run windows 8 on any of my systems due to the ridiculous features like the above search, power options, etc. Just horrible.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
emil14glee
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: how to search an external hard drive for files?

Post by emil14glee »

Last 2 comments on the first page....basically windows 8 sucks so you have to make them available offline (copies to your hard drive) or use file explorer. Doesnt seem you can do it from the metro interface.

I could be totally wrong because I will not run windows 8 on any of my systems due to the ridiculous features like the above search, power options, etc. Just horrible.
Same here, unfortunately I am not familiar with windows 8. I am in use for windows 7. But I will have to do my research on it.