"The page isn't redirecting properly" message

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Keith
Legit User
Legit User

"The page isn't redirecting properly" message

Post by Keith »

You guys have been able to offer me some amazing fixes in the past. Can anyone give me any direction or help here on this one?
I am running Windows 8.1
I am legally required to login and report my transactions with the US Fish and Wildlife Service at the following address:
https://migbirdapps.fws.gov/Falconry/prg/frmlogin.aspx
When I go there, I get the following message:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I have deleted my cookies and cache (at least to the best of my abilities)
I downloaded CCcleaner and had it clear everything.
I have tried to access it thru IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I STILL get the same message about redirecting.
What if anything can I try next?

Thanks much!
Keith
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The page isn't redirecting properly" message

Post by Apoptosis »

I can access it just fine. Are all you pop up and ad blockers turned off?

I tried on Chrome and Firefox and both worked fine. I even tried with Ad Block enabled on Firefox 34 and it worked.
falconry.png
login.png
login.png (110.77 KiB) Viewed 9540 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: "The page isn't redirecting properly" message

Post by KnightRid »

Look at your individual cookies also just to make sure they are gone. You used ccleaner so it should have deleted the temp folder and internet temp folder so that is good.

I can also access the site no problem.

Most everything i have read has to do with cookies. Maybe you have your security too high to accept them? Corrupt one (thats why looking for individual ones associated with that page may help) ?

Only other thing i can think of is to run malwarebytes to see if maybe there is some freaky spyware/adware/junkware that is causing it.

OH just thought of it - check your network connection in the internet options and make sure it is not redirecting, or trying to.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: