Is mining on a single RX580 worth it?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
KnightRid

Is mining on a single RX580 worth it?

Post by KnightRid »

Was thinking about trying just for the hell of it since my computer is not getting a whole lot of use because of taking care of my father in law but I was reading it would get a bit above a dollar a day profit.... Seems awful low. Figure if I can make enough to buy another card then I can have 2 cards running and start the snowball effect as long as whatever everyone thinks I should mine (if it is even worth it) will continue to be profitable.

Thoughts?

Ethereum the one to mine? (geth and cgminer I have been reading about - I would have thought there would be a simple way to just run one program and BAM its doing its thing)

Nate are you still turning a profit?

Oh and I have read that cpu mining is a joke, is this still true? People say it costs more to run than you make.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Velo:Sity

Re: Is mining on a single RX580 worth it?

Post by Velo:Sity »

It will be difficult to make a profit unless you have free electricity.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

https://whattomine.com/ is your friend.

A Radeon RX 580 will make you about $0.11 per day after paying $0.30 per day in electric. When I mined a 580 was getting close to $5 per day. I shut everything down over a year ago. Investing by buying the coins is the best bet now and where the money is at. It's not for the faint of heart though.

I just had a friend buy 1,000 ETH a couple weeks back at $80 something and now it's $140. He's up like 70% in just two weeks and he's ecstatic as he is up over $50,000 and last I talked to him he was selling it and buying a new truck once all the sales clear and he changes it into fiat.

I also know a few guys that lost almost EVERYTHING by investing when ETH was close to $1000, they were happy when it went to $1400 and then held it all the way down to sub $150.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Wow. Wonder why people still do it, unless they have super amounts of solar power.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I don't know anyone still mining that doesn't have free power.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I realy hope that this whole mining bull**** goes down the drain as soon as possible. It should of never existed. Multiple GPU prices for the last few years now + humongous waste of electric power. It's disgusting. :vom:
Last edited by sbohdan on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
william
Legit User
Legit User

Post by william »

Mahoni wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 am Mining as a private person was only worth it in the beginning. I can't imagine that you can still earn money with it today, after deducting electricity costs.
Rightly said as people have grown mining farm and going with just one card will earn you money, I highly doubt it.
Dora20
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Dora20 »

In today's time no one can think of mining ,unless and until one have abundant amount of solar power.How r u still earning through it.