Three New Dell XPS Systems

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Three New Dell XPS Systems

Post by NAiLs »

Dell has three new XPS systems up, and one of those is that fancy concept notebook computer. I must say though, I am very very disappointed by this system!! They strictly offer an x1800 in the system and that is not what I would consider spending $3500 minimum on. They could atleast give you the 7900 GTX in the system as the concept had 2x 7800's. Also for the price, Dell gives you freaking Windows Media Center Edition... :roll:

Another rig that they offer is the "Quad SLI" system now available to the mass market. It is a card with dual GPU's on it, so it isn't exactly like the other one. This system doesn't include the 30" widescreen display like the original quad SLI system either... however, it is an option for $1999.

Lastly they now have the XPS M1210. This is a notebook with a 12.1" screen and the best system offers a Go 7400 or Intel integrated graphics. Pretty fancy system, but still pretty pricey.

More information about the three can be found here:

http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/xps/default.htm
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Wow, i must admit that when i first saw the new XPS 700 i didnt like it. But now, its grown on me and it looks awesome :P
Maybe the first one i was wasn't in red!

Will Legit get a XPS M1210 to test? :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

The question is, has anyone had the opportunity to test any of the XPS systems out yet? I'm curious to know if quad video cards are all that or would the new XFX 7950GX2 give you the same performance at a fraction of the cost. The XPS pc's are very pricey, especially when you look at all the deals available out there to build your own for far less $.

Razorbacx
Rofl-Mic-Lofl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Rofl-Mic-Lofl »

If I remember correctly, HardOCP got their hands on a QuadSLI system, and while it really was nice, it was majorly uneeded. Standard SLI with 7900's is more then enough.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

That XPS 700 case is ugly!
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Rofl-Mic-Lofl wrote:If I remember correctly, HardOCP got their hands on a QuadSLI system, and while it really was nice, it was majorly uneeded. Standard SLI with 7900's is more then enough.
Yup, more hoursepower than anything the average user needs, the quad is aimed at multithreaded graphics work station apps, the only thing out there that could really use this.
However now that it exists game developers have the option to begin developing things that use it, unfortuneatly this generation of hardware will be long recycled before the need is common.
Rofl-Mic-Lofl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Rofl-Mic-Lofl »

T-Shirt wrote: Yup, more hoursepower than anything the average user needs, the quad is aimed at multithreaded graphics work station apps, the only thing out there that could really use this.
However now that it exists game developers have the option to begin developing things that use it, unfortuneatly this generation of hardware will be long recycled before the need is common.
But people that need/use that kind of power are more likely to have a $4000 Quadro, a card actually designed for that thing
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

I am stoked that Dell has bought up Alienware. Now they should atart having some better looking more hardcore gaming systems and alienwares prices should come down. No promises though.
Goose Out

stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

goose wrote:I am stoked that Dell has bought up Alienware. Now they should atart having some better looking more hardcore gaming systems and alienwares prices should come down. No promises though.

Give them a little time, things will come together.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

eh... its still a dell..

custom is the way to go
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

topsub wrote:eh... its still a dell..

custom is the way to go
You can't customize a laptop with a 20.1" screen! ;)

Granted I will never buy that laptop due to cost and lack of video power, it's still pretty cool.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|