Quakecon 2006!!!!!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Well its 1:30am, theres nothing to eat, water is running low and there is no bawls in sight. we might have to resort to canabalism. Seriously this is my first BYOC at Quakecon and I gotta say im not impressed so far, maybe the morning will bring better times, but im going to have to fight thru the night since I have no where to sleep.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Its 4:10am, they threw some shirts into the crowd but other then that its been quite
karpediem
Legit User
Legit User

Post by karpediem »

at about 5:30 or so they announced a small quake4 tournament for 16 people. i'm not sure what the prizes were, but there were several. me, rofl-mic-lofl and his friend were of the last 4 in line, so we got free t-shirts :D
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

10:30am Well I fell asleep on my keyboard for less then an hour, had breakfast at dennys and when I came back things were in full swing , we have Enemy Territory: quake wars games going on as well as plenty of tournies if your in the DFW area come check it out!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I wish I was there.......sigh
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

5:36pm they have a thing where every couple hours they call two names and they compete 1-on-1 for a $1000, its pretty nerve wrecking waiting for them to announce the names but its pretty exciting!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

you better get called and win some money!
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

12:15pm its been pretty slow today, my stuff was entered in the ugliest keyboard and ugliest mouse contest unfortunatley I won neither, maybe because I tried to give the announcer girl our room number lol
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

8/4/2006@9:42pm well today they had the finals for the q4 2v2 and some dudes walked away with 15,000 dollars and the losers got 7,000 dollars. I got shwag (T-shirts, pens, glowing buttons, etc) and I bought a 7800GT for 100 bucks off a guy who needed to sell his comp to fix his van so her can get to work at 9am tomorrow morning that sucks for him but I did my part to help lol. Well its been a great weekend so far and we will see what the night brings, Dragon Slayer got the coolest thing of the 3 of us she got a big ass nvidia sign, its awesome but ultimatley useless as far as performance goes lol
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I would just like to know.....WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!??!?!

We were all suppose to sit together, i had seats reserverd and everything. I saw no one from LR minus Honkus and Slayer of course..

Thoughts comments??!??!

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

That big puddle of water between us and not enough notice
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Thats understandable, but the fact that....

Thor
Rofl-Mic-Lofl - local friend, saw there of course
HONkUS
WICKEDLD9
ToMKaT
Fedelis
killtheclownzz
[AK]Zip
Illuminati
karpediem
microautoe
mongol05
BugSmashR

said they were going and i saw none of them is a little differant. Its ok, its isnt the end of the world, hopefully next year we can try again!!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Apop, WICKEDLD9, and me (Illuminati) all ended up cancelling our flight and reservations because it was decided that due to lack of corporate support, QuakeCon (this year) was not in LR's best interest for the amount of time and money that would have been spent... Nate (Apop) already posted about this.

It was a shame that we had to cancel at the last minute because we were all really looking forward to the event!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
karpediem
Legit User
Legit User

Post by karpediem »

dragon_cooler: you saw me :) didnt really talk much, but i was the friend of rofl-mic-lofl, we were pretty much always together. he and i slept on the floor in the hotel room you stayed in with jotkins. i hope to be there next year :)
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

karpediem wrote:dragon_cooler: you saw me :) didnt really talk much, but i was the friend of rofl-mic-lofl, we were pretty much always together. he and i slept on the floor in the hotel room you stayed in with jotkins. i hope to be there next year :)

whel hello dar!!!!!!!

indeed next year will rock!!!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

karpediem wrote:dragon_cooler: you saw me :) didnt really talk much, but i was the friend of rofl-mic-lofl, we were pretty much always together. he and i slept on the floor in the hotel room you stayed in with jotkins. i hope to be there next year :)

whel hello dar!!!!!!!

indeed next year will rock!!!

and i will help you with another freaky computer problem!!!
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

Anybody play Quake 2?

Quakecon 2005 had a Quake 2 tournament. Did 2006 have one too?