How much do you hate Circut City...

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

How much do you hate Circut City...

Post by Imakeholesinu »

So in my previous thread about the Viewsonic widescreen monitors I've been attempting to purchase which are availible only at Circut City as far as Retail Outlets go in the St. Louis Metropolitan area, I've come to a snag on buying one. The reason being is that because no matter what, I'll be in the monitor section for 20+ minutes and NO ONE WILL HELP ME. I shouldn't have to ask should I? I don't think I'm ugly or have any puss filled boils on my face. Why are the sales people non-existant? I know they work on commission. I guess they can smell the 10+ years of purchasing items at best buy on me (either that or my rewards zone card must have a certain oder or code that transmits to employees that says "This guy buys a lot of crap from best buy, let him contiune to shop at our competition as we drive ourselves into the ground.") but still, I've walked in and walked out of TWO different Circut City's and have not been helped at all. At least I was helped at CompUSA which is now a complete ****hole which is unfortunate because I liked shopping there. *sigh* oh well. My rant is over.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

lol. Yeah customer service can suck when it doesnt exist, though there is the old saying, if you want anything done, you got to do it yourself!

If you really want the monitors that bad, then you'll have to go ask someone, if its really annoyed you, go ask for a manager and complain to them.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Actually Circuit City employees here in Pennsylvania tell me they are NOT comissioned!! That is why they dont care.

They need to implement better training also. Most of them have no idea how to describe the features on ANYTHING!!

oh well - best buy gets built buy next year, so we shall see if it is better on the other side of the fence :)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I've never had good luck with Circuit City and no longer shop there. I walked in to one recently and was suprised to see their newer Best Buy inspired stores. It's just a shame we don't get any real electronics companies in St. Louis like Fry's and Tweakers.

And if you think Circuit City is bad, try American.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Circuit City no longer pays on commission, for at least 4 years now.
It depends on the store manager on how agressive the people on the floor are.
Go to the Circuit City in south county at Lindberg and 55, they won't leave you alone and it annoys the hell out of me.
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

the one by me helps me alot..

I was shopping for my new tv and tweeter had it for cheaper. so i walked in there found the tv and within 2 minutes someone walked up to me and i asked them if they will match it and they did, and within 10 minutes i was walking out the door with a $2400 buck 40inch LCD TV
=LAS=Hellfire
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by =LAS=Hellfire »

ive never even been in a circuit city... cause they suck here in WI and thers a bestbuy just down the road...
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

No they dont pay commission to the sales people. But the managers get "incentives" they really do push customer service but its all based on the dollar which they try to brainwash the new employees.. I worked there part time for a couple months... The 8.50 an hour just wasnt worth the gas...