A Few Problems.... (2-27-07 Update)

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

A Few Problems.... (2-27-07 Update)

Post by NAiLs »

New info HERE from 2-27-07
http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... 0232#60232

Alright, I have a few problems that pertain to me, and a few problems that pertain to a $2500+ system that I built for someone in July.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1705. I also bought it back in July/August.

1. My laptop is acting strange. One of the Network Services named SVCHOST is constantly taking up more and more memory as the day goes on and as I use applications that access the internet and whatnot. Eventually this process will consume 150MB+ of RAM and fluctuate between using 0% of the CPU to 60% of the CPU, making my core temperatures rise 10-15*C higher than they should be.

Now, eventually this process will crash. Since it is a vital process, Windows must restart within 60 seconds. Now this happens randomly. The last time it happened was today. I got home from work, my computer was back at the login screen. I know the process is crashing because I've seen it first hand twice.

What can I do to fix this aside from reformatting?

2. While I'm playing games, my framerate will just randomly drop. Best example is when I play WoW since that's the game I've been stuck in for the past 2 years. I'm sitting there getting 50-60FPS, and then suddenly it drop to 10-20FPS while sitting in the same spot, nothing new drawn on the screen.

I proceed to turn my fans on my laptop to high to drop the core temperature a good 4-8*C and the video card's core temperature will drop a good 10-15*C. I thought it was a heat issue, but it doesn't seem to be.

I have uninstalled (w/ Driver Cleaner also) the video card drivers that I was using, and updated to the latest. I use the Tweaks R Us Mobile drivers and the problem just randomly popped up after using the same drivers for 4 months.

Same problem shows in Civilization 4 and Age of Empires 3.

3. My friends BIOS settings seems to randomly reset. I'm assuming this is a battery problem. I've never had a battery die on a motherboard, and his motherboard is only 6 months old and has been happening at complete random for the last 3. Sometimes when the computer is rebooted, it will lose the settings. No power loss to the board.

The board is the ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe.

4. Last problem, and it also pertains to my friends computer.

THis is a problem that only began happening also at random after the system was built, but now it happens all the time. When the computer is shut down through Windows, the machine should power down entirely. Well, it no longer does that. The video cards stay on, the water cooling stays on, etc. The monitor says that Windows is shutting down... but the hard drives are powered down already. You can hear them power down...

What can cause this problem? I thought maybe something BIOS related, but we flashed that, no go. I also thought wiring related too, but everything is where it should be.

5. One more problem... but with my laptop. The system time in Windows keeps going out of sync. It doesn't even seem to update anymore unless I force it. As I made my reply to my post, my system said 7:56 PM and it was really 8:03 PM. Kind of frustrating. I checked the time in the BIOS and it read correct.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

-Brian

P.S. Yes, random is the word of the day!
Last edited by NAiLs on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Te problems with "svchost" and the low frame rates might be caused by anti-virus or firewall software (Norton).

Svchost is used by M$ to control alot of stuff on your PC, usually to do with networking though. I suspect firewall software needs to be reinstalled.

You should also try running "services.msc" -> make sure all pointless services are stopped (first to test, they can be pernamently disabled later)

I suspect the motherboard either has a dead battery (test with the one from your board), or there is a short somewhere (most likely behind it)

I'm not sure what would be the cause of the machine not powering off, I suspect it's a corrupt ACPI driver on windows or something set in power options. -> try running "sfc /scannow" to check for corrupted system files.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Ken,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will check and see what services are running. I took a quick peek and only saw 1 or 2 that don't need to be there. I, however, do not have a firewall aside from the Windows Firewall and only run AVG, so I wouldn't suspect those being my problem. AVG scans my system daily at 8:00am.

I usually try to keep the Firefox windows to a minimum, but that shouldn't matter much on a system w/ 2GB of RAM.

As far as the motherboard, what do you mean by a short somewhere behind it? Are you saying physically on the board or is it possibly not grounding at one of the screw points?

I will do that scan next time I get my hands on his computer. It would be nice if it were that simple.

I added Problem #5 to my list as I forgot about it until now.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

download and run Microsoft Antispyware and post a hijackthis log here http://www.hijackthis.de/

it'll tell you what to remove. High SVchost cpu usage is consistent with adware or spyware
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I think Dicecca112 has spotted the problem!

I'm unsure what's causing the time differences on your laptop, unless it's the battery too :roll:

When I said a short, I mean with it grounding with a screw or something, unless the board got scratched somehow.
I have the same motherboard as your friend and have zero problems with it. The only time I've seen a bios not keeping its settings is when either the battery was dead/removed or the reset jumper wasn't placed back to default.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Microsoft Antispyware only found Bearshare. Bearshare is legitimate and is rarely used. I only use it to download an MP3 here and there. Sharing is turned off and I don't fall for their random question to enable it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:36:32 PM, on 12/29/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Plaxo\2.11.1.5\PlaxoHelper.exe
D:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\NAiLs\Desktop\hijackthis_199\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Zango Search Assistant Helper /fleok=1D8A83A5C5E315789FA575760EA83FA5EF80752B94E3D6785B7F4F213FC2 - {56F1D444-11BF-4879-A12B-79CF0177F038} - c:\program files\zango\zangohook.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zango] "c:\program files\zango\zango.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PlaxoUpdate] C:\Program Files\Plaxo\2.11.1.5\PlaxoHelper.exe -a
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] D:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Labs Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Well, I finally threw my log on the hijackthis thing and it was what I thought, nothing to be worried about adware wise. There are a couple things that it says are unnecessary, but nothing critical with exception for some viewpoint software. I know what it's there for, and I can't really do anything about it.

I'm confused....
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Zango is spyware http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zango_Messenger

Removal
http://www.spyany.com/program/article_adw_rm_Zango.html

Its also an Ncase variant
O2 - BHO: Zango Search Assistant Helper /fleok=1D8A83A5C5E315789FA575760EA83FA5EF80752B94E3D6785B7F4F213FC2 - {56F1D444-11BF-4879-A12B-79CF0177F038} - c:\program files\zango\zangohook.dll
Must be fixed!zangohook.dll, seekmohook.dll - 180Solutions ZangoSearch, http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avc enter/venc/data/adware.zangosearch.html adware variant - also see this_note, http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/180-af filiates/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zango] "c:\program files\zango\zango.exe"
Must be fixed!NCase adware
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Zango is for Bearshare. Unfortunately you can't use it without it. I've uninstalled it numerous times, but Bearshare will come back to you and say you must reinstall it to use the software. Zango is never a running process on my machine as I set it to never start up and I will kill it after I'm done using Bearshare.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

doesn't matter. From what I have seen its causing those svchost issues.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

dicecca112 wrote:doesn't matter. From what I have seen its causing those svchost issues.
Have you heard of Zango causing SVCHOST issues or are you just assuming that? I'm just curious. I do remember reading an article about Zango in the past, but it was just their practices and I believe on how the software worked. I'll remove it completely again and see if that fixes any of my problems, aside from the clock issue.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

yes I have seen articles and have first hand experience removing all various types of N-Case spyware, which this is a variant of. You may kill the process, but it is still running, unseen. Its a very nasty little bugger
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Well I double checked every registry key and looked for all the files, and none exist. Windows Defender did a great job of deleting them. Now, my system reboot itself last night about 15 minutes after I went to watch TV, and I'm riding at 37-42*C and I should be running 27-30*C. Granted that increase in temperature could just be thermal conductivity gone down the tubes over the past 6 months?

This whole SVCHOST crashing is confusing me more than the temperature thing. I could care less about that right now.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:32:48 PM, on 12/31/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Plaxo\2.11.1.5\PlaxoHelper.exe
D:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\NAiLs\Desktop\hijackthis_199\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PlaxoUpdate] C:\Program Files\Plaxo\2.11.1.5\PlaxoHelper.exe -a
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] D:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Labs Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

... and it crashed again last night. Nothing was open except for AIM.

:evil: ](*,)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

you look clean as far as I can tell. it could be a cooling issue. make sure your tubes look clean, and there are no kinks etc. I full drain and refill but be in order. Pop open the block to make sure theres no gunk blocking it. Make sure you have no leaks, and there is no way air is getting in
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

You could also try using Knoppix for a day or two........eliminate windows/software as an issue.........also compile the linux kernel when your using it.....to stress the CPU......it's VERY easy to do (send us a PM if you want)

This way your testing hardware only........rebuilding/reinstalling should always be the last resort.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

dicecca112 wrote:you look clean as far as I can tell. it could be a cooling issue. make sure your tubes look clean, and there are no kinks etc. I full drain and refill but be in order. Pop open the block to make sure theres no gunk blocking it. Make sure you have no leaks, and there is no way air is getting in
Don't forget, this is my notebook that has the core temp. issues and svchost crashing. ;)
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

kenc51 wrote:You could also try using Knoppix for a day or two........eliminate windows/software as an issue.........also compile the linux kernel when your using it.....to stress the CPU......it's VERY easy to do (send us a PM if you want)

This way your testing hardware only........rebuilding/reinstalling should always be the last resort.
Ken,

If I get time on the weekend, I'll get back to you. I'm going to be traveling for the next 6 weeks and don't know if I'll have access to internet or not? I'll be home on the weekends though.
Last edited by NAiLs on Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

NAiLs wrote:
kenc51 wrote:You could also try using Knoppix for a day or two........eliminate windows/software as an issue.........also compile the linux kernel when your using it.....to stress the CPU......it's VERY easy to do (send us a PM if you want)

Ken,

If I get time on the weekend, I'll get back to you. I'm going to be traveling for the next 6 weeks and don't know if I'll have access to internet or not?

Cool, I'm always around ;)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

NAiLs wrote:
dicecca112 wrote:you look clean as far as I can tell. it could be a cooling issue. make sure your tubes look clean, and there are no kinks etc. I full drain and refill but be in order. Pop open the block to make sure theres no gunk blocking it. Make sure you have no leaks, and there is no way air is getting in
Don't forget, this is my notebook that has the core temp. issues and svchost crashing. ;)
in my defense you did list like 2 computers in the original post. In that case, get a can of compressed air and clean out all the air vents. you'd be suprised how gunked those can get after a while