Page 1 of 1

help with vid cards :O

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm
by maj0r_pawnage
hey guys i need a video card upgrade and im getting ati 100% so i need to decide what to get. I could get either a x1950pro or x1950xt when the dx10s are released or get a mid range dx10 when it comes out?? (if i were to get the dx9 i would upgrade next jan)(budget=250-400)

thanks for any help you can give

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:33 pm
by Zoogle
Are DX10 cards not yet released where you live?

If they are, I'd recommend an 8800GTS which can be found for pretty affordable prices. Of course, if you can find a cheap X1950XT, go for it. Also, it's not really worth getting the X1950pro these days since the X1950GT is just a downclocked version of it. If you OC the GT a little, it'll perform exactly the same as its bigger brother for about 50 bucks less.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 pm
by maj0r_pawnage
oh no i meant ati dx10 but i have crossfiremobo so i dont want to get nvid

what about the x1900xt?

prices=209 for x1950gt and 280for x1950xt and im not sure about price for x1900xt (CAD)

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:37 am
mmh, if you can wait, I would suggest wait till the dx10 card is released (should be out in a couple of month). If you are looking for a card now, I guess 1950xt would be the choice.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:21 am
by Zoogle
Sorry bout the ATI not nVidia part (dunno what happened with my reading skills). Yeah, if you can get a good deal on that X1950XT, that would be preferable. If you can find the X1900XT around 230, that would be a decent deal too. X1950GT really should be below 200.

I would just find some cheapish card to hold me over until R600 hits.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:56 am
by cyberneticimplant
I would go with the X1950Pro. On newegg it is $170, $150 after rebate.

X1950GT is $150, $140 after rebate. When the price difference is this low might as well go for the X1950Pro.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:00 am
by maj0r_pawnage
but arent the dx10s being released march 14-15?? and if so wouldnt a mid range dx10 for the same price as a x1950pro offer much more performance?

btw im talking in canadian dollars:)

and if i get it from newegg its going to+ border tariffs +more expensive shipping i can just walk to a store near my house that offers fairly good deals

okay here are my choices XD

x1950GT for 209
x1950pro for 239
or x1950xt for 279 (all in cad)(and there was a recent 30$drop in x1950xt would there be more anytime soon??)
i can afford either of them but its a matter of having the money left over to be able to buy a decent dx10 card some time in q4(in other words which card would hold me over best? i read somewhere that a x1950xt has a large performance advantage over the x1950pro)so kill the x1950gt would it be better to shell out the extra 40bucks for a x1950xt?or will i be just fine with the x1950pro til q4 or q1 08( i play games like supreme commander cod2 oblivion ect)

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 am
by cyberneticimplant
Newegg doesn't ship outside the states anyways. I've seen two reviews of the X1950GT and they showed conflicting information.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:11 am
by maj0r_pawnage
x1950pro for 239 or x1950xt for 279 to hold me over til Q4 :D

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 pm
by werty316
Dupe thread as he posted this question here:

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:17 pm
by maj0r_pawnage
heh no 1 was answering :( but im using vista right now so i guess i should get the x2900GTO around the end of march

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 pm
by werty316
March? The R6xx cards are delayed until, at the latest, the end of May.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm
by maj0r_pawnage
really wernt they coming out like march 15....then lol what do i do?? stick with the x1950xt til next jan or buy mid-high range dx10 in may... but by next jan i would have to upgrade my mobo and proc)e6300and p5wdh heh id basically need like 1grand+ saved up by jan to do comp upgrade

ya i think ill get x1950xt til Q1 08 :) thanks for your help everyone