Intel D84GL series Board audio driver issue.

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
gg5000
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Intel D84GL series Board audio driver issue.

Post by gg5000 »

Hi. I bought a used machine with an Intel D84GL series board and it didn't come with drivers. I found all the drivers I needed, and everything works like a charm except audio. Codecs, Legacy Audio drivers and Media Control devices are all installed, but the driver for the Realtek AC'97 Audio isn't. When trying to install it, the system will go through the installation process and right when the progress bar is at 100, it goes to the physical memory dump blue screen. Every time I try it.
Please help!
road
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

open pc, verify Intel board and model number

Post by road »

Blue screen? Ugh, sorry. First can we verify that you are installing the correct driver by getting the specific Intel board model number.
Your post says D84GL, did you mean D845GLLY or something close?

Crack it open and look for the number on the board, or run the intel board ID program:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboar ... 012681.htm

Here is a list of boards that partially include D845g in the model number:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts ... uct+ID+%23.

You can drill down into the drivers section of each board listed from there.

If this isn't a clean install, try uninstalling the current audio drivers and start fresh.
Keep posting and set me straight if I missed what you're after.
gg5000
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by gg5000 »

Road, Thanks for the reply. Now my issues have multiplied with a faulty disk and who knows what else. This machine may just be a total lemon. Since there are other issues going on, I can't test the drivers you were showing me. And I must have copied the information incorrectly from the board, because I thought it was D84GLLY, but that number doesn't have enough characters, so it must be D845GLLY. I'll be coming back to post what's happening.
The moral of the story? Cheap equipment is cheap for a reason. :ANAL: