ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM Blues Tips/Advice Needed

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Megatherion
Legit User
Legit User

ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM Blues Tips/Advice Needed

Post by Megatherion »

Hi guys+gals,
Im currently on day 3 with this board (Asus P5N32-SLI Premium). Lots of coffee, and talking to myself from dawn to dusk. I tried just about everything i could think of as far as troubleshooting goes,checked power connections, booted mainboard out of case with psu,vidcard+hdisk only connected, swapped memory into different slots, tried different memory, etc. she boots up fine with fans and mainboard led's on etc. but just cant get the dam post to show up while holding 'del' key. tried clearing cmos few times as well. heres some of the hardware im using.
Cpu> Intel P4 570 J 800 FSB 3.8GHz

Memory>(4 1 Gig sticks)OCZ Gold Edition 240pin DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Model OCZ26672048ELDCGE-K

Memory(otherbrand i tried) Crucial Ballistix (4 512MB sticks) DDR2 667
(PC2 5300) Dual Channel Model BL2KIT6464AA663

VideoCard>2x Evga Geforce 8800GTX (using 7800gtx for testing)

PSU> Silverstone OP1000w Olympia Series :?
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

Try booting with no video card (you should get one long beep and three short beeps) just to be sure it isn't that. Fire it up with no memory in it (endless repeating beeps). You should get some beeps indicating that it registers the fact that there is no memory. If you don't get beeps from either test then it doesn't look good.

Have you got a different PSU to try it with?
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Are you getting any video at all? Is your monitor responding when firing up?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

this may be obvious but i'll throw it out there anyway, did you try both connections on the video card? analog/dvi or dvi/dvi which ever the cards have?
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Megatherion
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Megatherion »

Hi thanks for reply, i did both tests and no beeping alarms or anything today, though other night i can remember i got a long constant one very annoying lol. i was half asleep at the time so im trying to think if i had the crucial or the ocz in it and what slots. i normally write that crap down lol. I pulled out the memory i was getting the alarm sound from today (7 hours ago lol) and been at it ever since.. switching back and forth between the 2 brands of memory and different memory bank combinations. still no beep codes or nothing. powers up at least, so thats keeping me from throwing a sleepy karate chop at it at the present time :mrgreen: I made sure to plug in the proper connecters to the vidcard as well. I tried a few other power supplys as well and no dice. Im pretty sure it was the OCZ ram i got the alarm sounds from, so i think im going to get some sleep for few hours then start swapping those sticks around in it again hopefully maybe i'll get lucky. Christ i hope i get something lol.
Megatherion
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Megatherion »

:? Hi again everyone,
I tried everything imaginable with this board to get her to post and still she doesnt want to,i just get the No video signal message on monitor symptoms like alot of other people are getting. like some of you in the forum here i been around since pong came out lol and this has to be the most problematic board i ever tried getting to function. I went to some other forums and some people are saying the memory controller is crap on this one. Though i seen some nice reviews on it as well, with people running it with no problems, so go figure :roll: I let you know if by chance anything exciting happens lol. I got 2 Geforce 8800 GTX's sitting here next to me and i cant do a dam thing. talk about torture. :evil: