A Look Back At The AMD Athlon Processor Series

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: A Look Back At The AMD Athlon Processor Series

Post by ibleet »

Frosty_47 wrote:EH nice Review. U ARE absolutely right when u said "some people still use AMD XP systems".
Actually a lot of people still use AMD XP systems. I had nothing but Intel systems for years (basically Dells), but at some point AMD took the performance lead and so the first system I ever built is the one I still use today. Now I realize that Apoptosis is right and the lead has switched back to Intel. The system I am building now will once again star an Intel CPU. You gotta love the competition though...keeps 'em all honest and hard working for our business.
WardancerX2
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: A Look Back At The AMD Athlon Processor Series

Post by WardancerX2 »

great article. i found it because im building a system useing the 6400x2 and wanted to compare .Im upgrading from a 4800+x2 and befor that a 3800+x2 and befor that a good ol amd athlon xp 1800+ < the 1800+ had a gig of sd pc 133 mem. alot for back then. anywayz thanks for the trip down memory lane. i loved blowing the hell outa my friends p4 2.2 :)

Wardancer x2
Moving up to amd 6400+ x2 zalman 110 fan copper heatsink , 4 gigs of g skill ddr2 800, 250gig 16mb buffer sata2 hd, dual crossfire HIS HD 2600 XT GPUS with the big zalman copper fans( had to modify the bracket on the first one will do for the 2nd one coming in).

currently im on a gateway that was a 3800+x2 upgraded to 4800+x2, 3 gig pc 533, 250 gig 8 mb buffer sata hd one HIS HD 2600 XT graphics card.