nForce Professional 2200/2050 Chipset Launch!

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

nForce Professional 2200/2050 Chipset Launch!

Post by Illuminati »

Nvidia has some new stuff going on for the server/workstation followers! How does two new chips for workstations sound? Think more along the lines of nForce 4 when you look at the specs and read the article.

Check this out:

The 2200:

The 2050:
"Before NVIDIA introduces to the world their venture into Intel-based chipsets, NVIDIA is making a move today to further grasp their hold on the AMD market with a new release in the nForce Professional chipset series for servers and workstations. Today we are going to give you the rundown on the new NVIDIA nForce Professional 2200/NVIDIA nForce Professional 2050 chipsets."
The "Preview" Article
The Nvidia PR Statement

Read the article and let us know what you workstation users like or don't like about these new chips! Your thoughts matter as nVidia does listen to readers feedback!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I also just posted a quick update on page one of the review after receiving an email from NVIDIA.
Update: NVIDIA contacted us to let us know that RAID 5 is also supported on the 2200 and 2050. They also didn't hesitate to point out that when the 2200 is matched with three 2050's, the RAID array can be spanned across 16 drives!
Hope that answers some possible questions in case any of you were wondering.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook