The XFX 6600GT.....Performance on a budget

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

The XFX 6600GT.....Performance on a budget

Post by infinitevalence »

Rich does it again, he takes a midrange video card and puts it through its passes
Last week I brought you my thoughts on the ABIT RX600 video card for PCI-E systems. During the testing phase of that review I used an XFX 6600GT video card for comparison, and while the RX600 showed to be a decent card for people looking to transition to PCI-E systems, the XFX stole the show by simply crushing the RX600 across the board.
XFX 6600GT
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
DAPUNISHER
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by DAPUNISHER »

I enjoyed the review 8) Keep up the great work gentlemen.
Iceberg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Iceberg »

Very good review 8)

I have only a question, what about noise?

Is the cooling system of this XFX 6600GT noisy?

I'm about to build a new system, and this videocard could be the right one, but pure performance is not my only reason of choice.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Honestly, my system with the OCZ Power Stream is fairly loud, so noise from the small video card fan was inaudible. I'd suspect that since it is of normal size, that it will put out about the same noise as any stock cooling unit, There are always aftermarket programs that make it easy to adjust the fan speed and to set it when to come on etc....coolbits comes to mind, but usually using ATI products I really like ATITOOL, which does you no good, but I was just trying to make a point