Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 6GB Triple-Channel Memory Kit

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 6GB Triple-Channel Memory Kit

Post by Apoptosis »

Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 6GB Triple-Channel Memory Kit Review

The Corsair Dominator 6GB PC3-12800 DDR3 triple channel memory kit has been specially designed to work with Intel's new Core i7 platform. With a 1600MHz clock frequency and latencies of 8-8-8-24 at 1.65V VDIMM, the TR3X6G1600C8D memory kit is one that will impress your friends and strike fear into those gaming against you. If you are building an Intel X58 Express based system this is a must read.

"The Corsair Dominator 6GB PC3-12800 DDR3 triple channel memory kit was a fun memory kit to review as it features a revised heat spreader and some Samsung ICs that were friendly to overclocking. The memory performance seen on Intel Core i7 platforms never gets old and is just as impressive today as it was when I saw it for the very first time. It was only a matter of time before Intel moved beyond dual channel technology and it seems that the time was right other than the fact that the country is in a recession, but it is what it is...."
Article Title: Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 6GB Triple-Channel Memory Kit
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/862/1/
Pricing At TIme of Print: $239 at Newegg
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 6GB Triple-Channel Memory Kit

Post by gwolfman »

I just got these to test. I really like them so far. Do you know if you can switch to 1T command rate and still use the XMP profile? Regardless if you can or not, how far can you push these puppies at 1T?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

just got them to test?

yeah they run just peachy with 1N settings.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Very nice.. you guys have reviewed each part I'm getting :)...do we know if we still have to OC to get these speeds on a i7 920? I remember hearing about a bios update that allow it(with no OC) but I only heard it for the evga board, which is a good board but im not getting it
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

InspectahACE wrote:Very nice.. you guys have reviewed each part I'm getting :)...do we know if we still have to OC to get these speeds on a i7 920? I remember hearing about a bios update that allow it(with no OC) but I only heard it for the evga board, which is a good board but im not getting it
Intel ES samples (the free ones the sites get) were all memory ratio locked, but the retail ones you buy from retailers are all unlocked. You'll be good to OC with the retail ones!
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Gomeler »

My retail Core i7 920 will do DDR3-1600 with stock bclk but that's the highest it'll go at least on the boards I have available to me. I need more boards Nate :axe:
3DMark06 Addict

InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Right on. Any of those boards you have happen to be the Rampage or nah? lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

The performance difference your seeing with the Kingston/Corsair comparison will all but disappear if you compare the 6GB kit of Corsair to a 6Gb kit of Kingston.

I have both kits in the 6GB flavor and performance is so close together that they could be brothers. I also have the 3 GB Kingston kit and see the same margin of performance difference between the 3 and 6Gb kits.

When I compared to the 6GB kit of Kingston the differences were slim to none.

That being said the Dominator kit has a coolness factor the Kingston doesn't.