ASUS Marine Cool Concept Motherboard Pictures

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

CeBIT has had a number of very interesting products announced this year and the ASUS MARINE COOL Motherboard is certainly one of them. ASUS wanted to show off a revolutionary design with new innovations that would deliver the ultimate in stability and durability for consumers. The motherboard they came up with is called the Marine Cool and it shows what the future might hold for motherboard design.

The ASUS MARINE COOL is a conceptual motherboard that addresses the most demanding of usage scenarios. The front features a metal heat-pipe module to provide exceptional heat transference and dissipation for core components. Set flush on the back of the PCB, the backplate makes full use of micro-porous ceramic technology to provide a larger surface area-facilitating heat away from the PCB for highly effective thermal dissipation. Together, these revolutionary designs improve heat dissipation by up to 2 fold. The ASUS MARINE COOL also features an onboard uninterruptible power supply (UPS)-a built-in polymer battery that averts damage from unexpected blackouts. Furthermore, built-in server-standard Failover Memory guarantees system boot, regardless of incompatible or faulty memory."
Article Title: ASUS Marine Cool Concept Motherboard Pictures
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/922/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: ASUS Marine Cool Concept Motherboard Pictures

Post by alister »

Looks good. I wonder if it will ever make it to production....
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Very interesting concept... I'm curious now to find out if "liquid metal" is being used and how much better it cools.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

Hahaha, I said WTF when I saw the memory slots as well...
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

That would be pretty cool if they can get that working with current tech. Hell its pretty cool looking the way it is in spite of the memory bottleneck.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16