VIA ARTiGO A2000 Barebone Storage Server

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

With the ARTiGO A2000 storage server, VIA aims to attract a wider audience to the idea of network attached storage by offering this small, low-power network storage server. A barebones system based on the VIA C7-D processor and a custom Nano-ITX motherboard, the ARTiGO A2000 was designed from top to bottom to be an easy, long-lasting solution for the average user's storage requirements.

After reviewing all of the benchmarks and taking into consideration the purpose of the ARTiGO A2000, I can say that it has shown itself very well in managing and serving data despite its apparent inadequacies in actually performing CPU or graphics intensive tasks. At $239, this low-power network server seems to run cool, quiet, and stable, while still performing well in a battery of tests that put the strain on its Nano-ITX motherboard and VIA C7-D 1.5 GHz processor. When all was said and done, the ARTiGO A2000 did what it was made for: it provided an excellent solution to network storage.
Article Title: VIA ARTiGO A2000 Barebone Storage Server
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1062/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: VIA ARTiGO A2000 Barebone Storage Server

Post by little_tea_pot »

I wonder how well it would run WHS? It seems like a perfect fit since you don't need RAID for data redundancy.
TooT! TooT!
AbyssNOLF
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: VIA ARTiGO A2000 Barebone Storage Server

Post by AbyssNOLF »

In running my tests on a fresh Windows 7 install, there weren't any performance issues and everything seemed quite reasonably responsive. Seeing as the ARTiGO could handle that OS, and considering the WHS is designed to be a lean OS for this type of home NAS, I would imagine it would be a match made in heaven.

The only question would be whether there would be drivers for all the hardware in the ARTiGO. The VIA website says there are drivers for Windows XP and Vista (which happen to work in Windows 7), but does not mention driver support for WHS or Windows 2003 (which WHS is built on top of). Nonetheless, I would bet everything important would work without hassle.