Spire TherMax Pro CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The universally compatible TherMax Pro is the latest Direct-Touch Heat-pipe (DTHP) innovation by Spire. It is designed with three 8mm copper U shaped heat-pipes enclosed by forty-five aluminum stacked Micro-fins. Its cooling capacity ranges all the way from low end Micro-processors up to today's hottest 130W quad-core processors.

The Spire TherMax Pro is a direct touch heat pipe cooler. In other words, instead of the heat pipes running through the block to transfer heat, they are actually part of the block and touch the processor.
Article Title: Spire TherMax Pro CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1128/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Pingspike
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Spire TherMax Pro CPU Cooler Review

Post by Pingspike »

Those temps seem pretty darn warm to me! I'm not so confident this thing can handle a phenom 2 x4 at 145w ?
So perhaps the statement 'todays hottest 130W quad-core processors' should be adjusted a tad..
My Box: AMD X2 4200/2GB/nF4/1TB-ish/24"TFT/HD3870/Win7-64
My Lappy: AMD Athlon TF-20/2GB/136GB/15"TFT/HD3200/Win7-64
Wifes Box: AMD Athlon/2GB/dunno/500GB/19"TFT/HD3870/WinXP
Wifes Lappy: AMD Turion X2/1GB/errr yeah/120GB/15"TFT/lol?/WinVistaeeeuuugh*barf*
Server: some P4 2.4ghz Dell box running Ubuntu server.</end_geek_code>
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Spire TherMax Pro CPU Cooler Review

Post by Gomeler »

Pingspike wrote:Those temps seem pretty darn warm to me! I'm not so confident this thing can handle a phenom 2 x4 at 145w ?
So perhaps the statement 'todays hottest 130W quad-core processors' should be adjusted a tad..
I use this heatsink for my LGA1366 testing, it holds my w3570 around 4.5GHz through 3DMark Vantage around 80C to 85C. It is a very capable yet economical heatsink. It could easily hold a Phenom II X4, my Phenom II TWKR has nothing on my w3570 with regards to heat production :mrgreen:
3DMark06 Addict