ASUS UL80Vt-A1 Thin and Light Notebook Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS UL80Vt-A1 Thin and Light Notebook Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The ASUS UL80Vt-A1 notebook redefines ultraportable notebooks with new power boosting features. Free yourself from power cords and start exploring with up to an amazing 12 hours of all-day battery life. Powered by the ultra-low-voltage Intel Core 2 Duo processor SU7300, 4GB of DDR3 DRAM, ASUS GraphiX Boost switchable graphics, and exclusive Turbo33 technology, the UL80Vt-A1 takes you further than most other notebooks!

The ASUS UL80VT Notebook was easy to use and comfortable. I really enjoyed using a "normal" keyboard. I was frustrated with the difficulty I had to open the optical drive, but that was about it. The touchpad is unique, and as I said before I am indifferent. It was easy to use, and I enjoyed knowing exactly where the touchpad was by feel alone.

My only real complaint was that I was unable to toggle graphics modes while playing a movie or running a program that was the slightest bit graphics intensive. I had to close everything out to the desktop, then switch the graphics mode. That being said, I did enjoy the fact that I could switch for better graphics or better power, and I also had the option of having the computer switch automatically. When I toggled between my options, the screen briefly went blank. I could hardly call that an inconvenience.
Article Title: ASUS UL80Vt-A1 Thin and Light Notebook Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1145/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $799.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: ASUS UL80Vt-A1 Thin and Light Notebook Review

Post by allenpan »

something odd, did asus oc the cpu?b/c the pic says 1.6ghz, where spec says 1.3ghz...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Getting you an answer on this.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

allenpan wrote:something odd, did asus oc the cpu?b/c the pic says 1.6ghz, where spec says 1.3ghz...
Yes, but it might also just be cpu-z not reporting the clocks correctly. That's what the T stands for (Turbo Boost) and it's supposed to give you clock speeds up to 1.7GHz on both cores (33% overclock).

UL = UnLimited
80 = 14" (8 is a lucky number in Chinese, while 4 means death)
V = discrete video
T = Turbo Boost

Still haven't figured out what the A or X means, but I think it may have to do with the included battery (63WHr or 84WHr).
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3