NZXT Sentry 2 Performance Touch Screen Fan Controller Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The NZXT Sentry 2 is a full system fan controller with an advanced touch screen interface. The Sentry 2 easily installs in a 5.25-inch drive bay and is compatible with any fan that uses voltage control. The innovative touch screen features ultra fast selection and response time and displays all pertinent info including temperature readout in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.

The Sentry 2 is one of the least expensive single drive bay 5.25-inch fan controllers on the market right now and it worked well in all my test situations. The Sentry 2 is easy to install and took under 15 minutes to completely setup. The LCD display is easy to read in normal lighting and looks really cool in the dark. The NZXT Sentry 2 gives you critical system temperature readings and the ability to adjust your fan speeds with a touch of your fingers. This is something that seems natural and it is likely that you will find yourself using this fan controller often. With summer coming up your house, dorm or office will be warmer and keeping your PC cool is critical in making sure you don't have a system or component failure.
Article Title: NZXT Sentry 2 Performance Touch Screen Fan Controller Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1249/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
loneknives
Legit User
Legit User

Re: NZXT Sentry 2 Performance Touch Screen Fan Controller Review

Post by loneknives »

this fan controller very cheap for a full touchscreen, i usually leave mine at auto and run very silent for all my fans
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I have one of these sitting in my parts cabinet. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet.
mcyuke
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mcyuke »

I was checking out the larger version of this in a Canadacomputers.com storefront a few weeks back, it really is pretty cool.
Since my main PC is in my room now I need to get some "better" fans, thinking 4x Scythe Sflex 1200rpm and a pair of Sanyo-Denki 120x38mm for my heatsink perhaps along with grabbing a nice looking fan controller like the Sentry 2.

This is the one I've been looking at for the test bench I want to build over the summer/fall.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/laf5mi3swba.html
adamwzl
Legit User
Legit User

Post by adamwzl »

thanks for the article. I've been looking for one about this.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

mcyuke wrote:I was checking out the larger version of this in a Canadacomputers.com storefront a few weeks back, it really is pretty cool.
Since my main PC is in my room now I need to get some "better" fans, thinking 4x Scythe Sflex 1200rpm and a pair of Sanyo-Denki 120x38mm for my heatsink perhaps along with grabbing a nice looking fan controller like the Sentry 2.

This is the one I've been looking at for the test bench I want to build over the summer/fall.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/laf5mi3swba.html

The 1200 scythe flex won't need the fan controller, I can't hear them at full power, and actually can at a lower power, I have 3 of these controllers, they work well. 10 watts per channel is nice, I have one channel controlling 4 fans on a rad with y splitters.