ASUS 3x3 Overclocking Summit - ROG Experience Tour

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

On April 10, 2010, three of the leading overclocking teams in North America battle it out for two days using the new ASUS ROG Rampage III Extreme and Maximus III Extreme motherboards. Team Pure, OC Alliance and XtremeSystems went head to head in a 3-way overclocking shootout featuring ten different benchmarks to see which team was the best. Read on to see who won and to see what went on at the event!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Asus 3x3 Overclocking Summit in Santa Clara. On April 9th and 10th three overclocking teams met in Santa Clara to overclock and compete for prizes and bragging rights. The teams were formed of members from PURE, OC Alliance, and XtremeSystems. Representing PURE were Jody Bailey, Brian Yuhas and myself. Representing OC Alliance were Allen Golibersuch, Travis Jank and Robert Marique. Representing XtremeSystems were Michael Graf, Brian McLaclan and Charles Wirth...

Article Title: ASUS 3x3 Overclocking Summit - ROG Experience Tour
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1281/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Dizz01
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: ASUS 3x3 Overclocking Summit - ROG Experience Tour

Post by Dizz01 »

So I haven't seen any numbers yet. Anyone know what went down?

That Video Card is freaking amazing btw. :prayer:
AMD Phenom II x6 1075T @3.3▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂Three Hundred Antec Case
Asus M4A785TD M-EVO▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500w OCZ Modular PSU
Noctua CPU Cooler▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500Gig WD HDD
4Gig OCZ Gold Edition 1600 Ram▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ASUS ATI 7770 2GIG!
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS 3x3 Overclocking Summit - ROG Experience Tour

Post by Gomeler »

I only really know PURE's numbers and they weren't very good compared to what we normally produce. I fought with the P55 rig for hours until one of the threads disappeared and the chip started to scale. I had CPU-Z shots around 6.5GHz but I think only a validation around 6.4GHz. Super Pi 32M was run at 6.1GHz for 7:02, XS ran 32M I think at 6GHz for 7:13, and OCA was somewhere around 8:15 or so. For X58 PURE roflstomped the SPi 32M scores but I wasn't paying attention to anything else.

On Sunday we ran the 5 pot Lynnfield rig due to the limitations put in place. We were around 41k 3DMark Vantage, severely CPU limited at 4.9GHz. The HD5870s were humming away at 1200MHz core 1300MHz memory, the BIOS limits on the cards. We tried to flash to another BIOS but something wasn't cooperating. If we had the BIOS flash and were on an X58 rig we would have likely been around 55k 3DMark Vantage Performance. I had so much fun running that 5 pot rig, I'll be gathering up the video cards to do it again in a few weeks :supz:
3DMark06 Addict