What Internet Browser is Fastest for Windows in 2010?

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: What Internet Browser is Fastest for Windows in 2010?

Post by XstollieX »

You can add a home button under the options
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

Chrome takes getting used to, but now that I am I feel like I browse much faster then I used to.

For instance in FF and IE I always went to the history, and open it up from the url bar and looked thru it. In Chrome which lacks that drop down menu on the bar, I just enter in the website name and it autofills after you have been to the site so only 1 letter typically gets you where you need to go.

I also like its incognito mode a lot better. I hate how FF closes down, and opens up again; while Chrome just opens a new window. Typing in one at work right now btw :)

I tried a recent Opera build, but it had this silly ass left sidebar UI and I just went UGH and deleted that weird ****.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I've actually been giving Chrome another shot since you posted this. Youtube and ummm..err...another site have seemed to load videos quite a bit faster than Firefox.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
skier

Post by skier »

ive been on firefox only since version 2.0, downloaded and gonna try opera 10.6 as well as chrome 6 to see what i like the feel of better
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
iseeman
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by iseeman »

I use to love my firefox but then i tried out opera and i must say it is very fast now when i switch back to firefox its ridiculosuly slow man...Opera ftw :drinkers:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm glad this article got you guys to try out some new browsers!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

sticking with chrome 6 it seems :)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I stumbled across a couple browsers. Feel like updating that chart one more time?

Lunascape v6.1.7.21880
"Lunascape is the world's first and only triple engine browser. It has been downloaded over 15 million times and it's available globally in 11 languages. Try it yourself the new kind of speed and versatility."
http://dl-lunascape.nefficient.jp/dl-lu ... S_full.exe

Slim Browser v5.00 Build 031 BETA
"SlimBrowser is a multiple-site browser based on tab-page interface. It incorporates a large collection of wonderful features like recoverable popup killer, skinned window frame, form filler, site group, quick-search, auto login, hidden sites, built-in commands and scripting, online translation, script error suppression, blacklist / whitelist filtering. It brings you convenient and comfortable browsing."
http://files6.majorgeeks.com/files/3dc2 ... bsetup.exe
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Major_A wrote:
"SlimBrowser is a multiple-site browser based on tab-page interface. It incorporates a large collection of wonderful features like recoverable popup killer, skinned window frame, form filler, site group, quick-search, auto login, hidden sites, built-in commands and scripting, online translation, script error suppression, blacklist / whitelist filtering. It brings you convenient and comfortable browsing."
There seems to be something wrong with the slim browser link.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:I stumbled across a couple browsers. Feel like updating that chart one more time?

Lunascape v6.1.7.21880
"Lunascape is the world's first and only triple engine browser. It has been downloaded over 15 million times and it's available globally in 11 languages. Try it yourself the new kind of speed and versatility."
http://dl-lunascape.nefficient.jp/dl-lu ... S_full.exe

I tried to run Slim Browser, but it's detected as IE7 in Peacemaker:
slim.png
slim.png (338.08 KiB) Viewed 13519 times
I don't want to run it and copy over the real IE7 numbers.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

No prob, just listing alternatives. Considering most of us have never used it/heard of it I didn't expect much.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

you are fine, just didn't think you wanting that I didn't try or was ignoring you!
Follow Me on Twitter!
mr mink
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mr mink »

I would have had to say that this really is a fairly tired subject - fortunately not one that fans the flames as much as the Windows/Mac divide! Okay there are some numbers there to prove something or other in terms of speed. It tends to put in mind those tests that try out which virus ware is "best" in terms of picking up challenges etc. Admittedly the speed of your browser is somewhat less dangerous but I cannot say that the average user is really going to notice all that much difference in everyday usage (can't say I have, not working in a lab in a white coat). Surely their web connection is the determining factor and as this will generally vary from day to day and time to time it is always going to be somewhat notional.

I have been using Opera for some years and I am naturally delighted that they can claim with some apparent truth that v10.60 is the "fastest browser on the face of the earth". Well good on them, they also say that their Opera Mini browser for mobile phones saves data use as well but I don't do that kind of thing so I cannot comment. The thing with browsers is that people use what they are most comfortable with and it is probably quite difficult to get people to change. I absolutely do not use IE (security concerns etc) and will instead use Firefox as a default if the website will not operate properly with Opera, which does happen as it is a "minority" product. I am sure Firefox itself is a good browser and all the rest of it and has the force of the open source community behind it for widgets and whatever, but I do not use them so I am not really impelled to make any change from Opera. I tried Google briefly but although it certainly was a stripped back and bare experience which largely depends on the search line more than bookmarks (which I use (and hoard) a lot) I did not persist. I even tried Safari (on Windows) but what is the point really with having multiple browsers as they basically all do the same thing in generally the same broad fashion. You might be better off starting a debate between Word/Word Perfect users - this is otherwise too much of a you say "tom-ah-to" I say "tom-ay-to". Maybe I should be cheering that Opera 10.60 is the fastest browser in the world, but that is not the reason I use it -- the reason I use it is because I am "used" to it and there is no burning reason to change. Even when the Opera boys change the locations of function things between versions to "improve" it. Must be in the interests of that speed that everyone is talking about !
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

Wait , you missed out on Windows optimized Firefox , Palemoon .