NZXT Sentry LXE External Touch Screen Fan Controller Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Sentry LXE is a high performance external fan controller with touch screen LCD panel that lets you adjust your fan settings. The NZXT Sentry LXE has the ability to control up to 5 fan control fans and also displays the temperatures of specific zone, shows the time and date and even has a temperature alarm. If you have been looking for an external fan controller for your PC this might be the product you have been waiting for.

"With the ability to control and monitor five case fans and the temperature of the zones they are meant to cool, the Sentry LXE is right on par with what we have come to expect in the functionality of the products from NZXT, and let's not forget the styled, modern look of the unit itself. The Sentry does a great job of controlling your fans and keeping your case at the temperatures you desire. Installation is a snap and can be done in a matter of minutes."
Article Title: NZXT Sentry LXE External Touch Screen Fan Controller Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1354/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Defunkt
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: NZXT Sentry LXE External Touch Screen Fan Controller Review

Post by Defunkt »

Hi and thanks for the review. Iv'e been interested in this product since I 1st heard about it. I'm not too worried about the positioning of the touch sensitive zones being a little too close together as I understand from reading others reports on this that you can use any old Stylus pen with it to good effect (maybe they should have included 1 as they are only a few cents)
I have a HAF 922 case and when I bought it I thought to myself what on earth would I need the vertical spare PCI slot on the back of it as it isn't even located on the motherboard side. Now i have found a VERY handy use for this slot the HAF cases have and not lose any of my mobo slots :)
I'm sure there are other cases that have similar spare slots also.
The other issue you highlighted should also not be a problem for me (how easily it moves on a desk) as I will be having it pushed up against a CD rack that is built onto the top of my desk and at about the right distance away from me.
So I guess for myself the only real issue I might find with this controller is the nightmare of wiring it up cleanly.

My only tip to add to this review would be to use a stylus with it if you have larger fingers or don't like fingerprints.

I don't suppose anybody knows when these will be on sale in the UK and at what price?

Thanks again for your concise review.