Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 Open Air Test Bench Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Lian Li T60 is an ATX and Micro-ATX open air test bench system that many enthusiasts might find very handy as you can change out hardware quickly and easily. The Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 chassis is equipped with 8 PCI slots, especially nice in the advent of adding in new graphics cards. While those with animals and small children will cringe the rest should drool over this sexy red aluminum chassis!

When all is said and done, the Lian Li Pitstop T60 is a nice "case" for those that like to be different. However, if you're aren't looking for a case, and you are in need of a test bench, the Lian Li Pitstop T60 may just fit the bill for what you need. Many people, myself included will tend to use the box that the motherboard came in, a piece of foam, or anything else they can find to set the system up on for testing. I'm not here to tell you that you (and me) are wrong in doing this. Though if you do this to frequently, your spouse may begin to get upset, especially if you are doing this on the kitchen table. With a "case" like the Lian Li Pitstop T60 the clean up from the days adventures in hardware becomes that much easier. When you are set-up on the motherboard box, everything has to be disconnected from the motherboard before anything can be moved. The Lian Li Pitstop T60 remedies this, all of the system components can stay connected while you move the set-up that you are testing so dinner can be served.
Article Title: Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 Open Air Test Bench Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1394/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $99.99 plus shipping for sliver
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 Open Air Test Bench Case Review

Post by Vectrexer »

The Lian Li Pitstop definitely caught my eye and it is a nice test case.

But for value in a bench test stand/case I already use the DOMA Pro PCI.

All parts are noted. Assembly is a no brainer. The expansion cards are retained by an easy to use mechanism that allows a quick swap. Handle for moving the DOMA.
It's only $45.00 too.

Read my review here:
http://www.amazon.com/MYOPENPC-Transpar ... Descending

Here are a couple of pics for a system I built using the case right before the Corsair H70 was attached

The DOMA Pro PCI really is easy to use.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 Open Air Test Bench Case Review

Post by Kaos Kid »

Either of those would really come in handy for me since I often get my parts used and it would be nice to be able to test them on an open platform before I go to the trouble of dealing with the close quarters in most cases. The Lian-Li is sweet and I wouldn't turn it down in a contest but the price is way out of my league for the little bit of side-work I do working on friends and family's computers. I like that DOMA especially for its non-conductive properties as well as the price. I think like Dan said that if the add-ons came with the Lian-LI instead of costing extra it would be easier to justify the price tag. If I had the money I'd want the Lian-Li but for the price difference the DOMA is a good budget item for low-end system techs.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: