Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Cooler Master Elite 430 is a great little case offering screw-less drive bays, black interior, a bottom-mount power supply, expandability up to six 120mm case fans and support for the largest of video cards and CPU coolers, among many other great features. Available as low as $39.99, what more can you possibly ask of the Cooler Master Elite 430?

The Cooler Master Elite 430 is a great little case offering screw-less drive bays, black interior, a bottom-mount power supply, expandability up to six 120mm case fans and support for the largest of video cards and CPU coolers, among many other great features. Available as low as $39.99, what more can you possibly ask of the Cooler Master Elite 430? I can't really knock this case on any of its very minor flaws...
Article Title: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower PC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1401/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $39.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower PC Case Review

Post by djpinc19 »

I have the Elite 310 and when I learned about this a month ago, I wanted to QQ off my Firefox.
skier

Post by skier »

its a pretty cool little case, i was shocked when i first saw the price!
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
ehume
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ehume »

Nice review. I liked that you noticed you can use right-angle SATA cables.

I didn't notice any measurement of the behind-the-mb tray space. I know I'm a bit of a nut on this subject, but this case is only 7.5 inches wide, and if full tower heatsinks like the Megahalems are to fit, something has to give, and that something is usually the space behind the mb tray.

If you have not already, could you measure the distance from the back of the mb tray to the right panel, and post it?

Thanks.
skier

Post by skier »

ehume wrote:Nice review. I liked that you noticed you can use right-angle SATA cables.

I didn't notice any measurement of the behind-the-mb tray space. I know I'm a bit of a nut on this subject, but this case is only 7.5 inches wide, and if full tower heatsinks like the Megahalems are to fit, something has to give, and that something is usually the space behind the mb tray.

If you have not already, could you measure the distance from the back of the mb tray to the right panel, and post it?

Thanks.
Thanks!

I have to answer that with two pictures, but keep in mind the CPU support is 163mm in height:
cm_elite430_inside12.jpg
cm_elite430_inside12.jpg (62.1 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
as you can see, the motherboard tray is stamped in a way that allows thick cables(this excludes case fans which are thin enough) to go either above where the arrow goes, or all the way around the bottom of the motherboard tray section
look at the actual width profile:
IMG_0430.jpg
(awkward angle but you get the idea) the arrow is in the same place for both images for reference, so you can see the tray is stamped about 1/4" and the distance from the back of the tray outlines to the case door is actually about 1/8".

I did not notice this during the build as I had no thick cables going behind the tray, only the cables to the H50 rear fans as the 8-pin connector on the PSU used was far too short to reach behind the tray (as was my TX 750, though it was closer). As odd as this may be, I like the way they stamped the tray (though wish it weren't as deep), because it gives a significant amount if rigidity to the tray and chassis as a whole than just a totally flat panel would have
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Aniki
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Aniki »

Best case for $40 at the moment imo, second would probably be rosewill blackbone ;p. Really like how much this case offers for it's pricerange
elite430builder
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by elite430builder »

So, what cables can you hide behind the motherboard tray, can the 8pin CPU go behind it, and there would it come out? Can PCI-E cables go behind it so that long PCI-E cables dont show. Can you put SATA Data cables behind the 5.25" Drive bays to hide them. Im kind of a person who wants as few as possible cables showing, but am on a budget for my new build. Thanks for the great review.