EVGA Classified Super Record 2 SR-2 Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

So you need more CPU power than what a single Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processor can provide? Look no further than the EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard. Anyone who has been following along the enthusiast motherboard industry knows exactly what this motherboard is all about. We take it for a spin with two high end Hexa-core Xeon processors and look what kind of performance you can expect if you can afford a platform like this!

The EVGA Classified SR-2 is the heart and soul for the biggest, baddest system you can build today. While gaming and single threaded tasks don't see much of a benefit from adding a second processor, CPU intensive multi-tasking, rendering, and heavily threaded loads see a massive improvement. Set this beast to work converting your DVD collection to your desired format in a program such as Handbrake and it'll chew through it in short order. Benchmarks like 3D Mark and PC Mark have built in tests to bring the CPU to its knees, but the SR-2 chugs on like it's nothing. Folding@home performance is through the roof.
Article Title: EVGA Classified Super Record 2 SR-2 Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1437/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $579 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: EVGA Classified Super Record 2 SR-2 Motherboard Review

Post by Gomeler »

Vince (Kingpin) and Gautam smashed the 3DMark Vantage Performance record with 70k. That board is a beast :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho ... p?t=260648
p70k.jpg
sr2 1.jpg
3DMark06 Addict

Cannyone
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: EVGA Classified Super Record 2 SR-2 Motherboard Review

Post by Cannyone »

Well my hat's off to EVGA regarding this board. I've had one of their previous Classified boards running in a system for about 16 months now. It seems bullit-proof to me, though there are some things I don't like. What might those be? Well first off my Classified zips right past the POST screen so that it's really tricky to get into BIOS. And second I need to burn a CD to perform a BIOS update. That second part is only an issue in comparison with my Asus boards that will update, from a USB thumb drive, via a utility built in to BIOS - so Yes I am spoiled!

The only real negative I can see to the Classified motherboards is the Price. I mean most of us simply cannot afford a board like this, well short of getting lucky in a lottery. :P And there are allot of other very nice alternatives on the market.
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 4 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 16GB Patriot DDR3-1866 | Asus Poseidon GTX 780 water cooled... (other stuff too <- 500 char limit!)